Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Last replay you watched

Default Re: Last replay you watched

Quote Originally Posted by Ndsu84 View Post
    It wasn't a no brainer for me because we hadn't seen Carson practice to know how well he was doing. We had seen Polesek try too much when Carson was in and go back to "normal" Bison football when Easton was in. Easton would have won the national too but Carson was awesome! It's not that easy to replace the qb who won 8 straight with the one who was hurt in the loss to SD.(unless you're seeing how awesome he is in practice)

Last game I replayed was k-state but the version I have was edited by fsn for replay. Sucks they took out the Bison dropped td, missed fg and Marcus' int.

I have seen that one too and thought it was odd that they edited those out. If you are going to edit the game edit out a couple 3-and-out sesssions. A turn over and a missed scoring chance would have much more effect on the game.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Easton was late with his throws - the Spiders could have had two or three pick 6s.
    I really admire this kid, considering the situation he had to deal with. Not just last year but also right from the start he had to deal with a lot of uncertainly with Bhol leaving etc etc. I just hope he improves his throwing and becomes a part of national conversation like Carson Wentz in his draft class. If Easton and Co had faltered earlier in the season or during playoffs I doubt Carson would get this much media attention. This tells me that Easton has a very high level of concentration to tune out the noise and focus on the signal, for a 18-19 year old kid that is a great attribute. I desperately hope he maintains his focus, improves his throwing, not fall for the tempations of booze and opposite sex and be sucessfull just like Carson.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I still, for the life of me, cannot understand why some questioned starting Carson if ready in the title game. That was a NO brainier decision to me. Plus, NDSU remembered "who they were" under Stick, which basically doomed Jack St.
    The Gamecocks were solid upfront and we had a hard time establishing our running game. It was the right decision to start Carson Wentz.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    I really admire this kid, considering the situation he had to deal with. Not just last year but also right from the start he had to deal with a lot of uncertainly with Bhol leaving etc etc. I just hope he improves his throwing and becomes a part of national conversation like Carson Wentz in his draft class. If Easton and Co had faltered earlier in the season or during playoffs I doubt Carson would get this much media attention. I desperately want Easton to be sucessfull just like Carson.

The Gamecocks were solid upfront and we had a hard time establishing our running game. It was the right decision to start Carson Wentz.
    Watch the first quarter again.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    Watch the first quarter again.
    I saw the replay 3 three times already , it has been a while. I will agree with you because my memory might be fading.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

I finally got to watch the National Championship game 2 weeks ago. We were lucky enough to go this year, it was amazing!!! But we left Frisco early that Sunday morning, and went to Rochester(Mayo) by Tuesday morning. Spent about 15 days there, with the end result being NO MORE CANCER!!! After 19 months of chemo and treatments, they ended up doing cryo-ablation, cryo-freezing. Very experimental. Turned out to be VERY SUCCESSFUL! Now while I thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers, yes Stage 4 Adv. Metastatic prostate cancer....beaten, please keep Miss BisonFanette in your thoughts and prayers. Its not her spcifically, but in her family. Yup....cancer. For all she has done for so many in Bison Nation...tickets rooms..etc., she deserves some love.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    I have watched all the games multiple times and this what I get.

The Bison defense will be dominant next year.

Easton Stick has a long way to go as a passer. Do not be too confident. However, he is an electric runner. Our backup QB's better be ready because Stick likes to mix it up inside, and that can be perilous.

MJ Stumpf is an excellent LB and if he gets just a little bigger,stronger,faster, he may rival DeLuca for top honors.

Defense will be ridiculous against the run; new corners will be tested because teams won't be able to run the ball.

I don't think Easton has a long way to go as a passer; he'll just get better and better with experience. Compare his freshman year to Jensen:
    RFr. Stick, 2015: 8 starts, 61.2% completion on 147 attempts, 1144 yards, 13 TD, 4 Int
    RFr. Jensen, 2010: 7 starts, 45.0% completion on 131 attempts, 950 yards, 7 TD, 2 Int

Then look at what Jensen turned into with some experience (as well as, admittedly, the best FCS team of all time around him:
    Sr. Jensen, 2013: 15-0, 66.3% completion on 329 attempts, 2793 yards, 34 TD, 7 Int

Stumpf turned into a solid LB last year, especially against the run. Against Montana in the playoffs, he was basically tasked with stopping the RB by himself as they shifted DeLuca into coverage. With that said, anyone who thinks he is near DeLuca's level needs to pay more attention to Nick DeLuca. He is ridiculously talented, and if he played on a team that chucked the ball and had their defense on the field more, he would lead the country in tackles by a mile. Watch him in pass coverage, or even on punt coverage; a 245 pound linebacker shouldn't be able to move like that. Everyone should do themselves a favor and watch a replay, but spend the entire time watching DeLuca and the different ways he affects games; run defense, blitzes, pass coverage 25 yards downfield, usually the first guy down on punts. He's who scouts will be coming to see next year; we have been so spoiled at MLB, and he is the best of all of them.

^^^^this^^^^

Deluca is spectacular

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    Defense will be ridiculous against the run; new corners will be tested because teams won't be able to run the ball.

I don't think Easton has a long way to go as a passer; he'll just get better and better with experience. Compare his freshman year to Jensen:
    RFr. Stick, 2015: 8 starts, 61.2% completion on 147 attempts, 1144 yards, 13 TD, 4 Int
    RFr. Jensen, 2010: 7 starts, 45.0% completion on 131 attempts, 950 yards, 7 TD, 2 Int

Then look at what Jensen turned into with some experience (as well as, admittedly, the best FCS team of all time around him:
    Sr. Jensen, 2013: 15-0, 66.3% completion on 329 attempts, 2793 yards, 34 TD, 7 Int

Stumpf turned into a solid LB last year, especially against the run. Against Montana in the playoffs, he was basically tasked with stopping the RB by himself as they shifted DeLuca into coverage. With that said, anyone who thinks he is near DeLuca's level needs to pay more attention to Nick DeLuca. He is ridiculously talented, and if he played on a team that chucked the ball and had their defense on the field more, he would lead the country in tackles by a mile. Watch him in pass coverage, or even on punt coverage; a 245 pound linebacker shouldn't be able to move like that. Everyone should do themselves a favor and watch a replay, but spend the entire time watching DeLuca and the different ways he affects games; run defense, blitzes, pass coverage 25 yards downfield, usually the first guy down on punts. He's who scouts will be coming to see next year; we have been so spoiled at MLB, and he is the best of all of them.
    Well said.
    I think one of the reasons we have such talent, is the intelligence of these players. Not just brawn but lots of brains.
    This cannot be overstated and brings the Bison to another level
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Well said.
    I think one of the reasons we have such talent, is the intelligence of these players. Not just brawn but lots of brains.
    This cannot be overstated and brings the Bison to another level
    Plus fairly good coaching.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

My son is coming home this weekend - he hasn't watched this year's Natty game since Frisco (gosh, it was fun sharing that with him!). I watched it once since then.

We have a date to watch it tonight - I can hardly wait!