Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Last replay you watched

Default Re: Last replay you watched

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Stick showed some flashes of having great passing abilities in the playoffs. Hope that continues. Kinda unfair for the kid since we are all comparing his abilities to Wentz.
    During the heated debate of Wentz vs Stick last fall, I said that Stick is not as good a QB as Wentz - but he is a good enough QB to get the job done.

Turns out I was right. I can't imagine that he won't continue to improve.

Stick is a baller and will be great this year. Thrown into the fire last year and go 8-0 with everything on the line. Kids has ice water in his veins. Does he still need to improve? YES... As great as Carson was he still needed to improve. I have full faith in Stick next year and the years to come.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Anyone have a take on Cole Davis's abilities?

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    I have watched all the games multiple times and this what I get.

The Bison defense will be dominant next year.

Look forward to this side of the ball the most.

Easton Stick has a long way to go as a passer. Do not be too confident. However, he is an electric runner. Our backup QB's better be ready because Stick likes to mix it up inside, and that can be perilous.

I think you have to put your mind back to a much more athletic Brock. Polacek will also have to set his mind right that it isn't Wentz back there. I saw smart decisions from Stick as the games progressed. Won't win a game with his arm yet, but shouldn't lose one either. Plus he has some solid weight to him given his height so physicality doesn't worry me too much. Ball security on the other hand...

We will miss Zach Vraa a lot more than most realize. He is an outstanding possession receiver. He should be on a practice squad this fall.

Vraa money baby

MJ Stumpf is an excellent LB and if he gets just a little bigger,stronger,faster, he may rival DeLuca for top honors.

He really impressed me as the year went on. Hope he has a great senior season. I think DeLuca is untouchable.

Unfortunately, on the other side there really,really needs to be an open competition, because there were just a bunch of missed opportunities and bad plays. I think it would be a huge mistake to go with staus Quo here.

Agreed. I couldn't tell if not hearing their name last year was a good thing or bad. Depends on the situation. Didn't like it though.

Caleb Butler should be playing LB. What do I know?? I challenge anyone to watch the snaps Butler took last year and not admit he should be competing at LB.

Love Butler, but too many people at LB right now. Unless he went to MLB. I love his motor and smarts on the line. He will be a beast. Remember, BA is a senior this year. He could lineup opposite Menard in 2017.

If Kelly turns out as expected and secures the starting SS position, the secondary as a whole could be considered....shutdown. Jalen Allison is enormously talented and Dempsey has already arrived. Grimsley is just going to get bigger,stronger,faster, and better. I like the depth as well.

Fully agree. Especially depth.

Ambrosious is a phenomenal tackler and excellent against the run, but we already have better pass rushers. Hopefully we see more frequent substitutions on passing downs. The future of our DL in general looks so good it is scary.

Alley cats are going to be dominant.

How can a team and coaches that display excellence almost everywhere all the time be sitting here without a true possession receiver in a west coast offense?? Obviously, Sean Engel needs a redshirt year to get stronger. I am really disappointed about this. Stick is in desperate need of a go to guy, so it is probably going to be Urzendowski, which is far from ideal. RJ isn't a typical possession receiver in a west coast offense. IMO, they should have gone hard after a sure-handed JC transfer with some size and blocking ability. Some have mentioned Illies as a candidate but I didn't see enough of him to have a clue about that possible transition. Would be great if he had the hands and athleticism to do it, he has the prototypical size.

Vraa was a freak that we will rarely see come through. I think RJ has the ability to be the man. Building depth behind RJ and Shepard is my concern.

If we end up with one of our guys stepping up and securing the LT position and playing at a high level, our offense may be unstoppable in the MVC this year.
    They said that about the line this year. Hope they improve and don't have a slow start. Just keep Stick clean in the pocket is all I'm asking of the LT (like it's an easy task...) RB's need to run with the same passion, power and energy that they did for the second half of the season.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Anyone have a take on Cole Davis's abilities?
    We are potentially one injury away from needing an answer to this question.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    We are potentially one injury away from needing an answer to this question.
    Last season Klieman mentioned that both Stick and Davis were good enough to step in and win a game if the need arose...which it did

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Easton was late with his throws - the Spiders could have had two or three pick 6s.
    I still, for the life of me, cannot understand why some questioned starting Carson if ready in the title game. That was a NO brainier decision to me. Plus, NDSU remembered "who they were" under Stick, which basically doomed Jack St.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I still, for the life of me, cannot understand why some questioned starting Carson if ready in the title game. That was a NO brainier decision to me. Plus, NDSU remembered "who they were" under Stick, which basically doomed Jack St.
    It wasn't a no brainer for me because we hadn't seen Carson practice to know how well he was doing. We had seen Polesek try too much when Carson was in and go back to "normal" Bison football when Easton was in. Easton would have won the national too but Carson was awesome! It's not that easy to replace the qb who won 8 straight with the one who was hurt in the loss to SD.(unless you're seeing how awesome he is in practice)

Last game I replayed was k-state but the version I have was edited by fsn for replay. Sucks they took out the Bison dropped td, missed fg and Marcus' int.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    I have watched all the games multiple times and this what I get.

The Bison defense will be dominant next year.

Easton Stick has a long way to go as a passer. Do not be too confident. However, he is an electric runner. Our backup QB's better be ready because Stick likes to mix it up inside, and that can be perilous.

We will miss Zach Vraa a lot more than most realize. He is an outstanding possession receiver. He should be on a practice squad this fall.

MJ Stumpf is an excellent LB and if he gets just a little bigger,stronger,faster, he may rival DeLuca for top honors.

Unfortunately, on the other side there really,really needs to be an open competition, because there were just a bunch of missed opportunities and bad plays. I think it would be a huge mistake to go with staus Quo here.

Caleb Butler should be playing LB. What do I know?? I challenge anyone to watch the snaps Butler took last year and not admit he should be competing at LB.

If Kelly turns out as expected and secures the starting SS position, the secondary as a whole could be considered....shutdown. Jalen Allison is enormously talented and Dempsey has already arrived. Grimsley is just going to get bigger,stronger,faster, and better. I like the depth as well.

Ambrosious is a phenomenal tackler and excellent against the run, but we already have better pass rushers. Hopefully we see more frequent substitutions on passing downs. The future of our DL in general looks so good it is scary.

How can a team and coaches that display excellence almost everywhere all the time be sitting here without a true possession receiver in a west coast offense?? Obviously, Sean Engel needs a redshirt year to get stronger. I am really disappointed about this. Stick is in desperate need of a go to guy, so it is probably going to be Urzendowski, which is far from ideal. RJ isn't a typical possession receiver in a west coast offense. IMO, they should have gone hard after a sure-handed JC transfer with some size and blocking ability. Some have mentioned Illies as a candidate but I didn't see enough of him to have a clue about that possible transition. Would be great if he had the hands and athleticism to do it, he has the prototypical size.

If we end up with one of our guys stepping up and securing the LT position and playing at a high level, our offense may be unstoppable in the MVC this year.
    Ambrosius was unblockable at times in the playoffs. Kid will have an amazing year. He is a LDE and his role is to play the run first. Dude will be an all american this year.

Caleb Butler beat out a several players to earn a spot in the rotation. Kid was a state champ wrestler, track athlete, and fast enough to play skilled positon in high school. Epitome of an amazing athlete but at 243 kids way too slow to be a Bison linebacker. He had to keep his weight down in high school to wrestle at his division. With Kramer he easily adds weight and gets to 250. Keep in mind this was his first year at the position

RJ is a prototypical possession receiver in my book.

Stick is going to be amazing. Kid stepped in and went undefeated and best some great teams. Needs to work on the short passing game but overall I would score him am A+. No experience and he gets us back to Frisco as a freshman

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ndsu84 View Post
    It wasn't a no brainer for me because we hadn't seen Carson practice to know how well he was doing. We had seen Polesek try too much when Carson was in and go back to "normal" Bison football when Easton was in. Easton would have won the national too but Carson was awesome! It's not that easy to replace the qb who won 8 straight with the one who was hurt in the loss to SD.(unless you're seeing how awesome he is in practice)
    I mentioned "if ready" for the reason you mentioned about practice. Thankfully, NDSU remembered they were a running team in the championship, and the rest is history!