Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last replay you watched

Default Last replay you watched

I just re-watched Richmond (2015-16 playoffs) this week.

Holy cow. Should have been at least a 5 TD game at the half. Defense was fantastic - and, actually, the offense was pretty dang good too. Only problem was that Richmond was really jumping on the outs and/or Easton was late with his throws - the Spiders could have had two or three pick 6s.

Default Re: Last replay you watched

Last weekend we watched the first N Iowa game, plus the playoff game against Montana. I only wish I could watch these games with Scotty Miller's call.

I have a tradition of watching each of the championship games during the layoff between the semis and the championship. It's getting harder and harder to pack them all in.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Richmond and Kansas State. Richmond looked so awesome on TV

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I was traveling last week so downloaded a few games off of YouTube for the plane flights. I watched.... the second Montana game, Northern Iowa and Youngstown....

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

JSU. My boy asked. I love that kid.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    JSU. My boy asked. I love that kid.
    I've watched JSU a few times but the stadium PA guy always makes me want to switch to something else. He was beyond obnoxious

I have watched all the games multiple times and this what I get.

The Bison defense will be dominant next year.

Easton Stick has a long way to go as a passer. Do not be too confident. However, he is an electric runner. Our backup QB's better be ready because Stick likes to mix it up inside, and that can be perilous.

We will miss Zach Vraa a lot more than most realize. He is an outstanding possession receiver. He should be on a practice squad this fall.

MJ Stumpf is an excellent LB and if he gets just a little bigger,stronger,faster, he may rival DeLuca for top honors.

Unfortunately, on the other side there really,really needs to be an open competition, because there were just a bunch of missed opportunities and bad plays. I think it would be a huge mistake to go with staus Quo here.

Caleb Butler should be playing LB. What do I know?? I challenge anyone to watch the snaps Butler took last year and not admit he should be competing at LB.

If Kelly turns out as expected and secures the starting SS position, the secondary as a whole could be considered....shutdown. Jalen Allison is enormously talented and Dempsey has already arrived. Grimsley is just going to get bigger,stronger,faster, and better. I like the depth as well.

Ambrosious is a phenomenal tackler and excellent against the run, but we already have better pass rushers. Hopefully we see more frequent substitutions on passing downs. The future of our DL in general looks so good it is scary.

How can a team and coaches that display excellence almost everywhere all the time be sitting here without a true possession receiver in a west coast offense?? Obviously, Sean Engel needs a redshirt year to get stronger. I am really disappointed about this. Stick is in desperate need of a go to guy, so it is probably going to be Urzendowski, which is far from ideal. RJ isn't a typical possession receiver in a west coast offense. IMO, they should have gone hard after a sure-handed JC transfer with some size and blocking ability. Some have mentioned Illies as a candidate but I didn't see enough of him to have a clue about that possible transition. Would be great if he had the hands and athleticism to do it, he has the prototypical size.

If we end up with one of our guys stepping up and securing the LT position and playing at a high level, our offense may be unstoppable in the MVC this year.

Lots of good stuff there.

Stick showed some flashes of having great passing abilities in the playoffs. Hope that continues. Kinda unfair for the kid since we are all comparing his abilities to Wentz.

Butler is going to shine as he gets more reps no matter where he plays.

Hope Grimsley keeps improving on his run fits and pursuit angles. Great player, huge potential, just needs to be more consistent.

Agree that someone stepping up to fill Vraa's shoes is going to be huge. Hawkins?

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

With RJ, Darius (as good a freshman WR as I have seen at NDSU), Williams, Illies, Hawkins and incomers Bridges and Ellefson I'm really not concerned about our receiving game. Yes we may miss Vraa's hands and ability to catch in traffic but Shepherd is also excellent in traffic. Looks like a solid group and I REALLY hope we don't pull Engel's redshirt.