Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mizzou losing $32 million to "unrest", KU at the tipping point as well.

Default Re: Mizzou losing $32 million to "unrest", KU at the tipping point as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Seriously how can the student government vote to give any group no matter if it is based on race, age, what major they are, the size of their head basically anything their own government. It sounds like it is time for the adults to step in and say enough is enough this is not how it is done. These are our bylaws and this is how you can be voted into the positions in Student Government. That KU student government and faculty leadership needs to stand up and get a spine. Sometimes life isn't fair, no matter if you are white, black, indigenous American, rich, poor, healthy, unhealthy, blond, brunette. The political correctness has gone to far in this country and I am sorry your wife is caught up in it and in a way in which she in no way should have. It is not right at all. I am going to call it as I see it though and from your previous thoughts and beliefs with posts on here and I am taking the jump that your wife has similar thoughts and beliefs I ask was she a person who before this pushed for more and more political correctness as it seems like she would have.

The race relations and race baiting in this country over the last 4 years has become ridiculous. It doesn't matter how someone is looking for equality it can not be just handed to whoever that group is, it has to be earned. The only way it will change is with the minority group not taking a poor is me approach and stepping up and earning it. Equality will never be reached by separating into separate governments or having separate rules for different people. I have white friends who came from poorer than shit families in the middle of what most would call no where that worked hard and "changed their stars". I also have black friends and colleagues who came from terribly poor families and neighborhoods that worked hard and "changed their stars". The common denominator is earning something by hard work. It is the only way it will last.
    My wife is a registered independent. In fact, she is almost apolitical. As a scientist who studies political communication she finds it's easier to avoid ideology at all costs. This is why I said earlier this whole thing transcends politics. Granted, she has become a bit of a conservative cause celebre but overall the emails we get come from all walks of life.

I hope this thing at Mizzou will make them realize that the lunatics cannot run the asylum.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default Re: Mizzou losing $32 million to "unrest", KU at the tipping point as well.

Well. She can probably get a job at Liberty!
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    One thing that is certain........Dillon Radunz made the correct choice when he chose NDSU!!!
    Let's get the Feeney kid

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    Well. She can probably get a job at Liberty!
    No, she will keep her job at Kansas. There isn't a legal way to get rid of her. She is in good standing in her tenure process and we expect this nonsense to end.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Seriously how can the student government vote to give any group no matter if it is based on race, age, what major they are, the size of their head basically anything their own government. It sounds like it is time for the adults to step in and say enough is enough this is not how it is done. These are our bylaws and this is how you can be voted into the positions in Student Government. That KU student government and faculty leadership needs to stand up and get a spine. Sometimes life isn't fair, no matter if you are white, black, indigenous American, rich, poor, healthy, unhealthy, blond, brunette. The political correctness has gone to far in this country and I am sorry your wife is caught up in it and in a way in which she in no way should have. It is not right at all. I am going to call it as I see it though and from your previous thoughts and beliefs with posts on here and I am taking the jump that your wife has similar thoughts and beliefs I ask was she a person who before this pushed for more and more political correctness as it seems like she would have.

The race relations and race baiting in this country over the last 4 years has become ridiculous. It doesn't matter how someone is looking for equality it can not be just handed to whoever that group is, it has to be earned. The only way it will change is with the minority group not taking a poor is me approach and stepping up and earning it. Equality will never be reached by separating into separate governments or having separate rules for different people. I have white friends who came from poorer than shit families in the middle of what most would call no where that worked hard and "changed their stars". I also have black friends and colleagues who came from terribly poor families and neighborhoods that worked hard and "changed their stars". The common denominator is earning something by hard work. It is the only way it will last.
    I blame social media as it is easier for the nuts to find each other and convince themselves they are "outraged" and have a "movement". It also amplifies the noise, as a small group can get a lot of attention quickly. It's not just race, but all sorts of political issues on both si de s of the aisle.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

A commenter at the KU board said it best. "It's always kids with majors that end in 'studies'"

You never see STEM kids going this.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    A commenter at the KU board said it best. "It's always kids with majors that end in 'studies'"

You never see STEM kids going this.
    This will come off a bit harsh and extreme, but I don't actually know why those "studies" majors are even offered at state funded institutions.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    This will come off a bit harsh and extreme, but I don't actually know why those "studies" majors are even offered at state funded institutions.
    I'm torn about this one. My degree is in a "study". My wife teaches in a "studies". There is a genuine value to the social sciences. Unfortunately, they are also wildly undefined so you get research into some of the dumbest stuff.

Take a look at the recently fired Melissa Click from the University of Missouri. Her story is bananas, her CV is even crazier. A researcher is defined by their publications. https://communication.missouri.edu/s...13_for_web.pdf
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm torn about this one. My degree is in a "study". My wife teaches in a "studies". There is a genuine value to the social sciences. Unfortunately, they are also wildly undefined so you get research into some of the dumbest stuff.

Take a look at the recently fired Melissa Click from the University of Missouri. Her story is bananas, her CV is even crazier. A researcher is defined by their publications. https://communication.missouri.edu/s...13_for_web.pdf
    Seems to me if someone actually came up with a convincing explanation for the popularity of Twilight they'd really be on to something. If we could really understand why so many people like things that are so terrible that wouldn't just be a boon to the social sciences it would fundamentally change popular culture.

Studying that drivel for the greater good is Dirty Jobs level bullet taking.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Mine too