Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mizzou losing $32 million to "unrest", KU at the tipping point as well.

Default Re: Mizzou losing $32 million to "unrest", KU at the tipping point as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    How do you know that an appearance by Ludacris wasn't one of their demands?
    Well, use your uppercase letters then, dammit!
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Default Re: Mizzou losing $32 million to "unrest", KU at the tipping point as well.

That sucks. Sorry you're having to go through this.

The first thing that popped into my head when I read the article you posted is I wonder what these kids thought of the F. Lee Bailey and Mark Ferman scene Tuesday in the people vs. OJ. Their heads must have exploded.

These social justice warriors and their it's 100% my way or the highway, if I don't like one statement you made I'll demand that you're immediately fired, free speech means I should never be offended attitude need to get over themselves and grow up. Their hearts are originating in the right place, and if they applied their energy correctly they could bring on some significant change, but things like this can only hurt their cause.
    Well the problem is my wife isn't an isolated incident. The MU protesters got the President to resign. Just last week they held a protest to get a dean to resign at KU. The administrations seem content to capitulate to all these demands. I'm not sure, however, how all the old people with money are going to think about this the next time the schools come hat in hand for donations. At least 2 people have considered withholding donations because of our situation.

MU is getting the backlash from all this. I'll bet MoState is getting a bump in enrollment.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The "Time Out" generation is getting to college now. They will hold their breath if they do not get their way. They are spoiled little brats that have never been told No in their lives. Here is a ribbon or trophy for just showing up and you are fantastic. This is what we have done to them. They are a product of their upbringing. No I am not advocating beating your children either. Life is not fair and the sooner these kids figure it out the better.

And GET OFF MY GRASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    The "Time Out" generation is getting to college now. They will hold their breath if they do not get their way. They are spoiled little brats that have never been told No in their lives. Here is a ribbon or trophy for just showing up and you are fantastic. This is what we have done to them. They are a product of their upbringing. No I am not advocating beating your children either. Life is not fair and the sooner these kids figure it out the better.

And GET OFF MY GRASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The only solace I can take in this is that my kids will be competing against these cream puffs someday. Guess who will be working for whom.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This situation reminded me of the Circuits 2 professor I had at NDSU. A little background... typically engineering problems require multiple steps and equations to solve. Because of this you are almost always given partial credit even if you get the final answer wrong due to a calculation error along the way so long as you have demonstrated with your work that you understand the principals and concepts and how to apply the equations. This particular professor was not giving any partial credit regardless of the work that was shown. If the answer wasn't exactly right he gave zero credit. I didn't, but apparently some other students in the class must of complained about this and he must have been talked to. One day to begin the class he began chewing us out about how it didn't matter what our work showed if the final answer was wrong. I'll never forget that he told us, "you American students all think partial credit is a birth right". He was from India I believe.

Also while I was taking the final for this class, he came up to me during the test and accused me of not actually being in the class and never being in the classroom until that day. He made me show him my ID so that he could check up on me. Now this was particularly crazy because I don't believe I missed a single day of that class and sat in the same seat every day. I was also quite active in asking and answering questions during his lectures. The guy sitting next to me, who I didn't know, tried to stick up for me and tell him I sat in that seat every day, but he told him that it was none of his business.

Other than my assumption that someone complained about the partial credit, I'm not aware of anyone writing any letters or staging any protests to have this professor fired from NDSU for his comments even though you could tell many in the class didn't appreciate his condescending attitude and comments toward American students and our supposed unwarranted expectation of partial credit.

One thing that is certain........Dillon Radunz made the correct choice when he chose NDSU!!!

That sucks. Sorry you're having to go through this.

The first thing that popped into my head when I read the article you posted is I wonder what these kids thought of the F. Lee Bailey and Mark Ferman scene Tuesday in the people vs. OJ. Their heads must have exploded.

These social justice warriors and their it's 100% my way or the highway, if I don't like one statement you made I'll demand that you're immediately fired, free speech means I should never be offended attitude need to get over themselves and grow up. Their hearts are originating in the right place, and if they applied their energy correctly they could bring on some significant change, but things like this can only hurt their cause.
    I wouldn't assume all of their hearts are originating in the right place.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    The only solace I can take in this is that my kids will be competing against these cream puffs someday. Guess who will be working for whom.
    Sadly, your kids will probably be working for them because they will be given preference because they are "disadvantaged". I've lost hope for our country. Never thought I would say that. I remember thinking not all that long ago that our $4 trillion debt was crazy and not sustainable. Now what is it, close to $20 trillion?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

If they work in corporate America possibly. But there will always be a real world where these people won't last a minute.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Seriously how can the student government vote to give any group no matter if it is based on race, age, what major they are, the size of their head basically anything their own government. It sounds like it is time for the adults to step in and say enough is enough this is not how it is done. These are our bylaws and this is how you can be voted into the positions in Student Government. That KU student government and faculty leadership needs to stand up and get a spine. Sometimes life isn't fair, no matter if you are white, black, indigenous American, rich, poor, healthy, unhealthy, blond, brunette. The political correctness has gone to far in this country and I am sorry your wife is caught up in it and in a way in which she in no way should have. It is not right at all. I am going to call it as I see it though and from your previous thoughts and beliefs with posts on here and I am taking the jump that your wife has similar thoughts and beliefs I ask was she a person who before this pushed for more and more political correctness as it seems like she would have.

The race relations and race baiting in this country over the last 4 years has become ridiculous. It doesn't matter how someone is looking for equality it can not be just handed to whoever that group is, it has to be earned. The only way it will change is with the minority group not taking a poor is me approach and stepping up and earning it. Equality will never be reached by separating into separate governments or having separate rules for different people. I have white friends who came from poorer than shit families in the middle of what most would call no where that worked hard and "changed their stars". I also have black friends and colleagues who came from terribly poor families and neighborhoods that worked hard and "changed their stars". The common denominator is earning something by hard work. It is the only way it will last.