Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mizzou losing $32 million to "unrest", KU at the tipping point as well.

Default Mizzou losing $32 million to "unrest", KU at the tipping point as well.

There are a LOT of things going on here in Missouri and Kansas. There have been several incidents of racial unrest starting last Fall and culminating in severe budget concerns at Missouri.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/polit...e65018467.html

If you haven't seen what has happened there, it's quite a story.

Meanwhile here at Kansas, we have our own student uprising. I have been reticent to mention my own part in this but my wife was caught in this net.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...professor.html

Just last night, the KU student senate voted to fund a completely separate Multicultural Student Government that might rise to the same power as themselves, it's unclear. Some protesters from MU came over and threatened to "disrupt things" if their demands weren't met.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2016/ma...tuden/?kutoday

I will say now that this is an interesting discussion and can absolutely be had without devolving into politics or personal attacks. It's some crazy stuff.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default Re: Mizzou losing $32 million to "unrest", KU at the tipping point as well.

Trying to bait that fuzzy hat guy into posting for the first time in months..............................genius!!

-ripping this off from Rev. Bob's PhotoBucket. I'm sure that cheap bastard with "red x" this effer within minutes........but...........slicky baby in sanctioned Bison gear and dj with a machete??!!??!!.................IALTO!

Default Re: Mizzou losing $32 million to "unrest", KU at the tipping point as well.

There are several discussions going on the Mizzou and KU boards about this stuff, I just wonder how much it's getting out to the rest of the world. People from all over the country have messaged my wife about her situation. I know the U of M has had their own campus protesters.

Seems like they want to revive 1965 all over again.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    There are several discussions going on the Mizzou and KU boards about this stuff, I just wonder how much it's getting out to the rest of the world. People from all over the country have messaged my wife about her situation. I know the U of M has had their own campus protesters.

Seems like they want to revive 1965 all over again.
    Are you saying your wife the COMM professeor?

I haven't heard any reference to it on the news here. Yesterday I did hear some of the ludacris demands that a group at Western Washington University are making though.

This type of stuff almost makes me hope my kids don't go to college. There is no telling how this will escalate in the next 20 years.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post

I haven't heard any reference to it on the news here. Yesterday I did hear some of the ludacris demands that a group at Western Washington University are making though.

This type of stuff almost makes me hope my kids don't go to college. There is no telling how this will escalate in the next 20 years.
    yeah, unfortunately I'm stuck in the middle of this whole thing.

It's happening everywhere. I think they saw how effective it was at Mizzou and just went with it. Kids need attention these days and this is a great way to get it. Only takes a couple people with an ax to grind to get everything cooking.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Best of luck to you and your wife.

What happened to her flies in the face of common sense and academic freedom. She deserves better treatment as a person, an employee, and a scholar.

The University should have protected her.

I'm very concerned that this is going to spread across the country.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

If people can't be judged by the content of their character their words should at least be judged in context.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post

I haven't heard any reference to it on the news here. Yesterday I did hear some of the ludacris ludicrous demands that a group at Western Washington University are making though.
    Goddamn pop culture is going to ruin everybody's spelling...

Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

That sucks. Sorry you're having to go through this.

The first thing that popped into my head when I read the article you posted is I wonder what these kids thought of the F. Lee Bailey and Mark Ferman scene Tuesday in the people vs. OJ. Their heads must have exploded.

These social justice warriors and their it's 100% my way or the highway, if I don't like one statement you made I'll demand that you're immediately fired, free speech means I should never be offended attitude need to get over themselves and grow up. Their hearts are originating in the right place, and if they applied their energy correctly they could bring on some significant change, but things like this can only hurt their cause.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Goddamn pop culture is going to ruin everybody's spelling...

How do you know that an appearance by Ludacris wasn't one of their demands?