Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CBI or CIT?

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: CBI or CIT?

Great decision. Bison athletics is about championships. If the Bison don't win the conference regular season championship or tournament championship and get the auto bid for the NIT or NCAA then they should move on. Let UND go to the CIT or CBI, heck that is what UND uses as an accomplishment when they promote their basketball program.

I'm shocked too. Wonder if there isn't a bit more going on within the team then what we are hearing. Trust Dave will get it straigtened out. Sucks for Kory and Chris, but maybe they were OK with it.

This is starting to be a pretty common trend....schools starting to turn these lesser tournaments down. At the end of the day it just isn't worth the money.

The season is a long grind and we just came off a tough defeat. We got some guys that are beat up and injured. At the end of the day the team likely felt it was in their best interest to just move forward and look to next season.

Miller beat up. Kading probably not 100%. Clements out. Probably other minor stuff. Im sure players had a say.

This isn't shocking at all

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    "We All From Africa"

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Miller beat up. Kading probably not 100%. Clements out. Probably other minor stuff. Im sure players had a say.
    Dave was just on WDAY, said it was a combination of things but injuries were a big reason. He said he spoke with both seniors...Kading was done and wasnt going to play regardless and Brown basically said he went out playing in the championship game and was fine with going out that way.

Other obstacles were arena situation, and that they started this season early playing in the Bahamas. Said they would take these kind of situations year to year but were thankful for interests/invites. Sounds like all three (CIT/CBI/Vegas 16) reached out to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    Great decision. Bison athletics is about championships. If the Bison don't win the conference regular season championship or tournament championship and get the auto bid for the NIT or NCAA then they should move on. Let UND go to the CIT or CBI, heck that is what UND uses as an accomplishment when they promote their basketball program.
    Can understand not playing in anything but I really hope arrogance like this is not the reason. What right do we have to think of NDSU basketball as above accepting post season invites?

Quote Originally Posted by SC_TX View Post
    Can understand not playing in anything but I really hope arrogance like this is not the reason. What right do we have to think of NDSU basketball as above accepting post season invites?
    $$$$$$$$. .
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Clements out? Injury or Gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Clements out? Injury or Gone?
    Got a concussion in the semifinal game in Sioux Falls.