Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: Summit League Championship vs SDSU

Default Re: GDT: Summit League Championship vs SDSU

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    So much this ++++++++
    Yes more of this! when they attack and drive to the hoop they are much more difficult to defend, than when they sit out by the 3 pt line and do that stupid weave passing drill for 20 seconds... then settle for a bad shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Control Daum down low hopefully by making him hurry his shots to try and get them up before the double team comes. Work our asses off on D and play aggressive on O, we can't settle for a hurried 3 to beat the shot clock and hopefully we punch our ticket.
    I think Kading needs to play significant minutes tonight. He will be the key to Daum and keep Dex out of trouble.

And conversely, Dex needs to go right at Daum. Get him in trouble. SDSU would be wise to not have him guard Dex.

I hate to even think this but Daum just might be better as a freshman than Bjorklund was. He is really good. We're going to need Dylan Miller's minutes and fouls. SDSU can't put Daum on Brown so I think he's going to have to guard our big. Our perimeter players have to hit shots tonight. AJ needs to be more assertive. He showed some real fight that I' haven't seen at the end of last night fighting for rebounds and defensively. Needs a good start to get his confidence up.

I am 100% fully convinced the refs will take Dexter out of this game. It happened last game against them. It will happen again. We absolutely need a career night out of another player. Last night Khy and Carlin put the team on their back. They carried us to this point.

Paul Miller almost ruinied something special. I am looking at him square in the eyes....NOW IT IS YOUR TURN. He clearly needed to grow up or something, and now he has a chance to earn back some respect.

Similar to AJ. AJ has been around for 12 years, and is a 37 year old Sophomore. It is HIS TIME to have a monster. He gets to the rim...and MUST finish. THe ball is always hanging on the rim...FINISH! Pull the early trigger, make the transition three....stop talking to the refs and EARN IT! Play as hard as you have ever played. Time to AJ to be an all conference type performer.

Remember, two weeks ago we played, we were in obvious foul trouble and didn't have Khy or Paul and we were down 1 with 5 to play.

I will conclude with this. Every person in the gym knows that Dave is the best coach in the arena tonight. Nobody disagrees. If Dave wins this, it is in legendary status. Historical stuff.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I am 100% fully convinced the refs will take Dexter out of this game. It happened last game against them. It will happen again. We absolutely need a career night out of another player. Last night Khy and Carlin put the team on their back. They carried us to this point.

Paul Miller almost ruinied something special. I am looking at him square in the eyes....NOW IT IS YOUR TURN. He clearly needed to grow up or something, and now he has a chance to earn back some respect.

Similar to AJ. AJ has been around for 12 years, and is a 37 year old Sophomore. It is HIS TIME to have a monster. He gets to the rim...and MUST finish. THe ball is always hanging on the rim...FINISH! Pull the early trigger, make the transition three....stop talking to the refs and EARN IT! Play as hard as you have ever played. Time to AJ to be an all conference type performer.

Remember, two weeks ago we played, we were in obvious foul trouble and didn't have Khy or Paul and we were down 1 with 5 to play.

I will conclude with this. Every person in the gym knows that Dave is the best coach in the arena tonight. Nobody disagrees. If Dave wins this, it is in legendary status. Historical stuff.
    Thanks Burgundy, how the hell am I supposed to get anything done at work today now?

What a stretch to be a Bison fan in all sports!!

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I hate to bring it up, but if Dave wins this, is he gone? Or will his lack of experience combined with the SHAC keep him here another year or two?

Some of that has to be on Dave tonight. He needs to be in the refs ear if Daum is backing down and pounding his shoulder into a player that has position over and over and over. Hopefully we don't give Daum the time to back him down like that without one of the guards getting to the ball. We need to make him try and

1. pound Dex
    2. while dribbling the ball
    3. while watching for the double to come
    4. keep the double off his dribble
    5. all while watching for the open kick out
    6. or make the pass
    7. or make the basket.

It takes a special post player to do all of these without turning the ball over. We didn't make him uncomfortable down in Brookings we have to tonight.

The bunnies shot like crap last night and hopefully we can keep them from getting hot. I don't see them shooting well with a player in their grill. Make them uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I hate to bring it up, but if Dave wins this, is he gone? Or will his lack of experience combined with the SHAC keep him here another year or two?
    He'll definitely be on teams radar. He just might already be. I will say, I enjoy when coaches go on to bigger and better things. I've loved following Miles around, and I even watch Saul a little bit at Ohio. I will definitely follow Dave when the time comes for him to move on.

Went to last nights game fully intending to cheer against the Bison, primarily because time to take Bison Nation down a notch or two. But after watching the way the Bison play, hard to cheer against them. Love the way they play; play hard, don't complain about calls, well coached, etc. The fact that they playing the Bunnies removes any doubt. Go Bison. Hopefully the Bison faithful come down by the busloads for the game tonight.

PS I will be extremely disappointed if 5 cardboard cutouts of the quintuplets don't show up at the Denny tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by goyotes View Post
    Went to last nights game fully intending to cheer against the Bison, primarily because time to take Bison Nation down a notch or two. But after watching the way the Bison play, hard to cheer against them. Love the way they play; play hard, don't complain about calls, well coached, etc.
    I have a hard time feeling bitter about the USD football loss for the same reasons. They won that game straight up by taking it to the Bison and out playing them. Sucked to lose, but hard to argue that the Yotes didn't earn it that day, just like the Bison did last night.