Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: Summit League Championship vs SDSU

Default Re: GDT: Summit League Championship vs SDSU

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Im interested to see how Daum does against a P5 big. Theyre not winning if Marshall shoots 0-10. theyll need a heroic performance like from Tony Fiegen a few years ago + Daum getting 20+ to have a shot. Parks will have to stay playing well too and score some microwave buckets.
    If they play a team that gets them into a half court game they will lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarz04 View Post
    No gold stars. It's actually called conference RPI, believe it or not, the stronger a conference is, the better the chance of not being a one bid league forever.

I would say wins in the NCAA have little effect on following years RPI. that is governed by playing and beating teams in the 20-100 range consistently conference wide like summit did this year. Would say the $$ is a bigger part along with the media coverage that comes from winning and visibility to recruits (that probably a bit more to the specific school than conference as a whole)

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    Yep. Refs were terrible. How Kelly Pfeiffer from White River, SD continues to ref games involving USD and SDSU is lunacy.
    Daum got several ticky tack fouls imho. The game at SDSU was pathetic.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    Yep. Refs were terrible. How Kelly Pfeiffer from White River, SD continues to ref games involving USD and SDSU is lunacy.
    It's a wow for sure

His advanced post skills are going to dominate this league...He can create separation vs solid rock defenders like Werner and is too agile for Werner as well. Bad combo for the Summit league to have to chew on
    I thought Dex did a great job. Needed another guy to step up offensively and needed their shooters to be off. Tall task.

Im interested to see how Daum does against a P5 big. Theyre not winning if Marshall shoots 0-10. theyll need a heroic performance like from Tony Fiegen a few years ago + Daum getting 20+ to have a shot. Parks will have to stay playing well too and score some microwave buckets.
    Denver kind of showed take Daum away and they struggle. Not easy but obviously P5 teams have horses that most Summit teams don't have. They will need to get hot from three.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Fronting daum with a smaller/quick player may be the answer

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

mango is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Denver kind of showed take Daum away and they struggle. Not easy but obviously P5 teams have horses that most Summit teams don't have. They will need to get hot from three.
    I was surprised it took so long to start to double him when he touched the ball

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Need some guys to have a big summer, the talent is there to win the league!

Go Bison!
    BUT is the leadership???? They never did answer my question from the beginning of the year as to whose team this is. Miller has not been the same since injury and then this crappy the past two nights. It will never be AJ's as much as I wanted it to be he just disappears to often. Werner and Khy need to step up and do it. Carlin had a great two games but he quite on the team once already.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    On a true neutral court...I take IPFW.

The entire league was very good. ORU is a hell of an seven seed.

Can't disagree with much of that.