Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Thread: GDT: Summit League Championship vs SDSU

Default Re: GDT: Summit League Championship vs SDSU

This wasn't a bang bang play. Bittle was fouled right as he put the ball on the floor near the corner.

He didn't stop on the whistle but continued to the lane and basically jumped into a group of players. Happens all the time. Miller was frustrated and it looked like the push was more of a "stop it, you're pissing me off" type of reaction.

I would have preferred to have the ref not go nuclear with a tech but that's how some refs like to get noticed. It wasn't like the game was suddenly going to get chippy.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Ming why do you say sdsu would beat Texas? Ibeh would devour daum.
    Theyre not a particularly strong offense

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Theyre not a particularly strong offense
    oook... so when you take the big 12 dpoy and stick him on daum...who on the jacks is going to win it for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    IMO a technical in that game situation needs to be egregious to be called. Basketball is a contact sport and if some people don't like it, in the words of Dan Hawkins "go play intramurals brother".

But regardless they called it, as questionable as it may be, but to me the bigger mistake was that I'm fairly sure they mis-enforced it and gave SDSU an extra possession on top of it during a crucial point in the game. I've dug around a bit this morning just to try to satisfy my curiosity on whether it was correctly enforced and everything I'm finding says that the opposing team is awarded two shots and possession at the POI (point of interruption). Since the point of interruption would've been Bittle heading to the line for a 1 and 1 I can't see how they let him shoot that bonus FT before the technical FTs and then award SDSU possession after all of it. It should've been Daum shooting the two technical FTs and then Bittle shooting his 1 and 1 with a full lane (which he ended up missing meaning NDSU would've gotten the ball back provided they secured the rebound).
    Wasn't it bonus ft?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    Daum as a Freshman was better than Cody Larson as a Senior. We'll stick Geu on him next year.
    Not a post defender. He's a 3/4 (more likely a 4). But like NDSU Fan said, everyone will love this kid. His offensive game is ahead of where Tray came in, he dunks the shit out of it and has a great attitude. What people haven't said is that everyone will fall in love his defense. He's a guy that comes over on help and swats it into the stands. He works hard on defense and that's why I think he will contribute and be a rotation guy right out of the gates next year. He's put on 20+ lbs since coming into the program - he's bought in and ready to go!

Nice to get more length on this team. Id rather have length than height.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    oook... so when you take the big 12 dpoy and stick him on daum...who on the jacks is going to win it for them?
    Many options, but I think Smart will be able to get his defense to destroy sdsu. Coach and experience trumps Naggy any day and the way he's got Texas playing last month compared to November night and day difference (except when Kansas plays them, had to add that jab at longhorn)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    "We All From Africa"

Nobody was beating that Kansas team last Monday... I'm still walking with a limp

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    Not a post defender. He's a 3/4 (more likely a 4). But like NDSU Fan said, everyone will love this kid. His offensive game is ahead of where Tray came in, he dunks the shit out of it and has a great attitude. What people haven't said is that everyone will fall in love his defense. He's a guy that comes over on help and swats it into the stands. He works hard on defense and that's why I think he will contribute and be a rotation guy right out of the gates next year. He's put on 20+ lbs since coming into the program - he's bought in and ready to go!
    Bingo!!!!! He may be a starter by conference play.

"We All From Africa"

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFan_Sav View Post
    Bingo!!!!! He may be a starter by conference play.

Serious question who would play in front of him?