Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    you didn't, that's why I asked.

You're very defensive.
    not defensive, but alcohol was not the discussion topic so why bring it up
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Default Re: Two F'n Hawk FB players busted for possession

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post

Because from all I've read up on pot, alcohol overall is more destructive than pot, currently. Not saying pot is exactly something that should be done daily if at all in my opinion but it does seem to have much more positives than alcohol. That's just me though.

Yet we've made alcohol legal because people since ever have been drinking it, but so have pot smokers too, just never in Europe where many in the US came from back from 1492-1800s.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I can assure you there is no lethal amount of THC, therefore you cannot overdose from it. So I will assume it was related to driving stoned out of his mind or getting involved in the drug world and drug dealers. If it was due to driving, that would fall under the same argument of driving drunk. Bad decision. If he was caught up in the wrong crowd of drug dealers, he would still be alive had it been legal to buy since there wouldn't have been any drug dealers. Was it one of those? Either way it sucks
    Yes, there is a lethal amount of THC. It's an insane amount, I want to say something like 1000x+ the amount it takes to get high. It's almost entirely impossible, the only way would be eating it, but I'm not sure how that would even go.

Never said it was OD

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    So explain to us how someone died "because of "pot"". Weed is not a "need it now" time of thing, it's more of a "I want it now".
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Answer Guy View Post
    I thought there was a petition to get it decriminalized. What happened to that?
    The legislature wasn't in favor of this so they got some of their friends to take care of the situation.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

what 1998braves64 said

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Yes, there is a lethal amount of THC. It's an insane amount, I want to say something like 1000x+ the amount it takes to get high. It's almost entirely impossible, the only way would be eating it, but I'm not sure how that would even go.

So explain to us how someone died "because of "pot"". Weed is not a "need it now" time of thing, it's more of a "I want it now".
    It's funny I Googled it and no large mamal has ever died from weed. They put them through some crazy tests including getting THC fed through an IV. Thst animal was lucky. Sure beats spraying hairspray in their eyes.

The government says if you eat 1500 lbs of it all at once you could die. Not sure what the street value would be on 1500 lbs but it would likely be your life savings. Another says 1/3 body weight.

Then again if you drink 1500 lbs of water you would die. Heck you could probably die drinking 1/3 your weight at once in water!

What is the lethal dose of marijuana?

According to which US Government authority you want to believe, the lethal dose of marijuana is either about one-third your body weight, or about 1,500 pounds, consumed all at once.
    In summary, enormous doses of Delta 9 THC, All THC and concentrated marihuana extract ingested by mouth were unable to produce death or organ pathology in large mammals but did produce fatalities in smaller rodents due to profound central nervous system depression.
    The non-fatal consumption of 3000 mg/kg A THC by the dog and monkey would be comparable to a 154-pound human eating approximately 46 pounds (21 kilograms) of 1%-marihuana or 10 pounds of 5% hashish at one time. In addition, 92 mg/kg THC intravenously produced no fatalities in monkeys. These doses would be comparable to a 154-pound human smoking at one time almost three pounds (1.28 kg) of 1%-marihuana or 250,000 times the usual smoked dose and over a million times the minimal effective dose assuming 50% destruction of the THC by smoking.
    Thus, evidence from animal studies and human case reports appears to indicate that the ratio of lethal dose to effective dose is quite large. This ratio is much more favorable than that of many other common psychoactive agents including alcohol and barbiturates (Phillips et al. 1971, Brill et al. 1970).
    http://druglibrary.org/schaffer/library/mj_overdose.htm

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

It's funny I Googled it and no large mamal has ever died from weed. They put them through some crazy tests including getting THC fed through an IV. Thst animal was lucky. Sure beats spraying hairspray in their eyes.

The government says if you eat 1500 lbs of it all at once you could die. Not sure what the street value would be on 1500 lbs but it would likely be your life savings. Another says 1/3 body weight.

Then again if you drink 1500 lbs of water you would die. Heck you could probably die drinking 1/3 your weight at once in water!

What is the lethal dose of marijuana?

According to which US Government authority you want to believe, the lethal dose of marijuana is either about one-third your body weight, or about 1,500 pounds, consumed all at once.
    In summary, enormous doses of Delta 9 THC, All THC and concentrated marihuana extract ingested by mouth were unable to produce death or organ pathology in large mammals but did produce fatalities in smaller rodents due to profound central nervous system depression.
    The non-fatal consumption of 3000 mg/kg A THC by the dog and monkey would be comparable to a 154-pound human eating approximately 46 pounds (21 kilograms) of 1%-marihuana or 10 pounds of 5% hashish at one time. In addition, 92 mg/kg THC intravenously produced no fatalities in monkeys. These doses would be comparable to a 154-pound human smoking at one time almost three pounds (1.28 kg) of 1%-marihuana or 250,000 times the usual smoked dose and over a million times the minimal effective dose assuming 50% destruction of the THC by smoking.
    Thus, evidence from animal studies and human case reports appears to indicate that the ratio of lethal dose to effective dose is quite large. This ratio is much more favorable than that of many other common psychoactive agents including alcohol and barbiturates (Phillips et al. 1971, Brill et al. 1970).
    http://druglibrary.org/schaffer/library/mj_overdose.htm
    So you told us nothing in terms of how it otherwise fucks lives up!! Thanks, and ducking stupid. Are you on drugs?!

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    So you told us nothing in terms of how it otherwise fucks lives up!! Thanks, and ducking stupid. Are you on drugs?!

Sent from my iPhone.
    I don't have to prove something that is obvious. I was responding to a discussion thst pot does not have a lethal dosage.

The only way it can ruin your life is if you spend all your money on it (which is hard to do when only a few puffs does the trick), get stoned and drive, or get mixed up with a drug dealer. (Or get killed like thr kid in Wahpeton did because he became a narc due to cops threatening him with prison time over small amounts of pot) If it was legal there would be no pot drug cartel.

The fact it is illegal is the only way it ruins lives.

Of course the exact same thing could happen with alcohol, prescription pills, gambling, video games, Netflix bingeing, excessive shopping, etc.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    That was attempted previously. Seems it did not work out all that well.

Well yeah.............but it resulted in a sweet tunnel system under Moose Jaw, SK.

I don't have to prove something that is obvious. I was responding to a discussion thst pot does not have a lethal dosage.

The only way it can ruin your life is if you spend all your money on it
    (which is hard to do when only a few puffs does the trick), get stoned and drive, or get mixed up with a drug dealer. (Or get killed like thr kid in Wahpeton did because he became a narc due to cops threatening him with prison time over small amounts of pot) If it was legal there would be no pot drug cartel.

The fact it is illegal is the only way it ruins lives.

Of course the exact same thing could happen with alcohol, prescription pills, gambling, video games, Netflix bingeing, excessive shopping, etc.
    It is early in the morning, but I am not following your line of reasoning. If it were legal the some of negative impacts you listed can still happen.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix