Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: USD will now offer FCOA...SDSU, UNI, and Montana'son the clock....

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default USD will now offer FCOA, SDSU, UNI, and Montana's on the clock....

FCOA is going to split the have from the have not in FCS and hopefully usher in a split with the lower half of the FBS.

http://goyotes.com/news/2015/9/4/GEN_0904155838.aspx
    Last edited by AKBison; 09-04-2015 at 02:52 PM.

Default Re: USD will now offer FCOA...SDSU, UNI, and Montana'son the clock....

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    FCOA is going to split the have from the have not in FCS and hopefully usher in a split with the lower half of the FBS.

http://goyotes.com/news/2015/9/4/GEN_0904155838.aspx
    Well that is now 2 schools in the MVFC/Summit to make the decision. Anybody else to follow? I suppose now NDSU and USD are going to get kicked out of both conferences.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I am glad to see USD do this as it will shut up the UNI whiners on panthernation. I would guess YSU, Mo State, and ISUr will follow soon. Who else from the Valley could pull this off?

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I am glad to see USD do this as it will shut up the UNI whiners on panthernation. I would guess YSU, Mo State, and ISUr will follow soon. Who else from the Valley could pull this off?
    The snowballs rolling. I think everyone in the Valley will do FCOA. It would be a huge disadvantage if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    The snowballs rolling. I think everyone in the Valley will do FCOA. It would be a huge disadvantage if you don't.
    I am sure SDSU will follow, but since they sponsor more sports than USD or NDSU, it will be more costly. I would be very surprised if they kept their equestrian program, but I have no guess as to which mens' sports they would drop to stay Title IX compliant.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Good for USD. I agree, most Valley schools will offer it, and the Summit will at least have three. I think it is better for our conferences if the schools do offer FCOA. NDSU just set the start date, others will follow.

Default Re: USD will now offer FCOA, SDSU, UNI, and Montana's on the clock....

If SDSU announces it then UNI has no choice really but to do it

Sent from my A0001
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

The easiest way for UNI to do this is to drop Wrestling which would be a travesty. I hope they can find a way to get this done. They are in a tough spot with the state of Iowa cracking down on "institutional support" in regards to athletics.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Dropping this here

https://twitter.com/1500espn_reusse/...98402613153792

@1500ESPN_Reusse: Joe Glenn said to be retiring Monday as South Dakota football coach. Glenn Caruso was OC there in 2004-05. Makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

Congrats to Joe. Really good coach and a great guy.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.