Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Fire Vigen"......more like..."Thanks to Vigen"

Default "Fire Vigen"......more like..."Thanks to Vigen"

A lot has been discussed how NDSU has a pro style offense vs Goff's "Bear raid". Everything I have read, NDSU's offense is a plus for CW when it comes to his pros and cons. With that being said......Do we give a little bit of props to Vigen? or maybe it was the OC before him??

Power run game, to the West Coast passing, to the Gun read option. NDSU has a versatile offense. Between our last 3 OC's, when they finally got their chance to be the play caller, they have sprinkled in their own philosophies.

CW's talents definitely play a huge role, but I believe on offensive scheme, Vigen should get some props.

My .02 I will hang up and listen. CW's thread was finally starting to slow down a bit so I thought I would throw out HP330's fav OC's name out there.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: "Fire Vigen"......more like..."Thanks to Vigen"

I definitely prefer the current offense to the Veer, successful and storied as it was. But I'm not sure if that was Vigen or not.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bluebison35 View Post
    A lot has been discussed how NDSU has a pro style offense vs Goff's "Bear raid". Everything I have read, NDSU's offense is a plus for CW when it comes to his pros and cons. With that being said......Do we give a little bit of props to Vigen? or maybe it was the OC before him??

Power run game, to the West Coast passing, to the Gun read option. NDSU has a versatile offense. Between our last 3 OC's, when they finally got their chance to be the play caller, they have sprinkled in their own philosophies.

CW's talents definitely play a huge role, but I believe on offensive scheme, Vigen should get some props.

My .02 I will hang up and listen. CW's thread was finally starting to slow down a bit so I thought I would throw out HP330's fav OC's name out there.
    The Power West Coast was brought in with Bohl and his first OC who was Pat Perles I believe.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    The Power West Coast was brought in with Bohl and his first OC who was Pat Perles I believe.
    Yep, and lets face it, it was Bohl's decision. Bohl deserves the credit.

Vigen did do a great job of innovating the system to play to his players strengths during the Jensen years. (Think he struggled with that before, but sure the talent upgrade helps a coach a ton.)

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Yep, and lets face it, it was Bohl's decision. Bohl deserves the credit.

Vigen did do a great job of innovating the system to play to his players strengths during the Jensen years. (Think he struggled with that before, but sure the talent upgrade helps a coach a ton.)
    Vigen did a good job in his later years, early it was like a fish out of water but he learned and the predictability and game planning were noticeably different. Those early years were the "fire Vigen" years but he improved. Carson learned a bunch under those coaches and under Polasek and Hedberg.

I remember Bohl saying that Carson was special after the first fall camp. He told the story at teammakers how Carson came in for his rep and threw it to a different receiver than he was suppose to. The D had cheated and Carson said yes it was suppose to go to that guy but this D guy did this and this other one did this and the read then changes to this other receiver. Bohl said there is no way he should have understood the offense at that level that early but he did and it was the complete right call. That was the day Bohl knew he could be special.

Vigen was a JOKE> sorry. he got credit for GREAT PLAYERS that BOHL recruited (or tim brewster didnt) much like randy hedberg getting accolades from small man kolpack. small timey nd 9man guys that happened to be in right spot at right time.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Dan Enos was Bohl's original OC. Former Central Michigan HC that left to become Bielema's OC at Arkansas.
    Van Club - Secretary of Agriculture (Barley & hops expert)

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Those early years were the "fire Vigen" years but he improved.
    The early years like 2012?

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...en-save-season

As much as I hate bringing up his name, but what type of offensive scheme did Babich bring? I remember reading or watching something that the veer was on the way out when he was hired to replace Rocky. Judging from what footage I could find on the internet, it confirms my memory that we seem to of had a similar pro-style offense to what we have today, especially with Lamar in the backfield.

Hail the BISON!!!

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    As much as I hate bringing up his name, but what type of offensive scheme did Babich bring? I remember reading or watching something that the veer was on the way out when he was hired to replace Rocky. Judging from what footage I could find on the internet, it confirms my memory that we seem to of had a similar pro-style offense to what we have today, especially with Lamar in the backfield.

Did he know what kind of offense we ran?
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]