Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677

Thread: A new attack dog on Bresciani

Default Re: A new attack dog on Bresciani

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I am starting to wonder if those outside of education appreciate education is also a business. Obviously, the newspapers are being driven by the sbohe and legislators who don't.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    They aren't even interested in the education dynamic. They want control and obedience and for NDSU to stop getting so big for its britches.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just once I would like to see some of the reasons that NDSU isn't good for the state.

533 In a row

If you have a problem with college graduation rates, you better start asking your self why. And don't look at the universities and colleges. Your answer isn't there.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    If you have a problem with college graduation rates, you better start asking your self why. And don't look at the universities and colleges. Your answer isn't there.
    North Dakota wants accessible education. NDSU has a 80+% acceptance rate. They actually have fairly decent graduation rates considering the high level of acceptance. NDSU could immediately fix the graduation rate by increasing admission standards. The bob would be ticked he never got in to bring the average down.

Of course, we know this combined with poor preparation is spelling disaster even further. Programs like NCLB are great ideas in theory, terrible in practice. In practice, it was about everyone meeting in the middle. Sure you still have your high performers, they are just a little less prepared and you increase the risk their success in college will suffer.

I have been a huge proponent of turning some of our smaller 4 year schools in the state into 2 year community college type programs. I have lately been even in more favor of turning one of them into a 1 year prep school. 1 year of nothing but remedial training and preparation for college. 2 years at a community college program knocking out the foundational basics unless they are ready for the jump right away. Finishing at a 4 year program for the completion of a degree. Graduation rates would skyrocket, sustained revenue would increase, and there would be a higher demand for further graduate level education. Regardless of my acceptance many laps around the sun ago to a slightly more difficult college to get into than NDSU for my first year, that type of program would probably have been highly successful for me. I am glad I finished at NDSU, but it was quite the journey figuring out what I wanted to be when I grew up.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Just once I would like to see some of the reasons that NDSU isn't good for the state.
    The school up north produces attorneys and doctors which are some of the most arrogant people in general. Bismarck is chuck full of them and they wield a lot of power. It's an up hill battle for NDSU graduates with a more moderate mind set.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt