Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: A new attack dog on Bresciani

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new attack dog on Bresciani

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    There's a SBHE meeting coming up and one of the things being discussed is contract extensions for about half the presidents(some are new(UND), interim, or just had extensions recently). Most extensions will be rubber stamped, but Port claims to be hearing that there will be debate about DB. He thinks that a recent letter to the editor of several papers in support of DB by a group of Fargo business leaders and others is actually a proactive attempt to influence this debate. He thinks there's a real chance the SBHE will choose to not extend DB's contract beyond the current 2017, which is basically the same as firing him. After that, he goes on his typical attacks on DB for the rest of the post. Personally, I think people are feeding him things he wants to hear(or he's making it all up as he has done before), but we'll see soon enough. The meeting is scheduled for Wednesday.

https://www.ndus.edu/uploads/resources/7108/agenda.pdf

Also, the link to Port's blog doesn't work, but you can still get there easily enough from inForum.
    Thanks, Hammersmith. I guess we're th believe that most sbohe members report to port

I dont think they have the guts to do it.
    And the portly one is a blowhard.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    There's a SBHE meeting coming up and one of the things being discussed is contract extensions for about half the presidents(some are new(UND), interim, or just had extensions recently). Most extensions will be rubber stamped, but Port claims to be hearing that there will be debate about DB. He thinks that a recent letter to the editor of several papers in support of DB by a group of Fargo business leaders and others is actually a proactive attempt to influence this debate. He thinks there's a real chance the SBHE will choose to not extend DB's contract beyond the current 2017, which is basically the same as firing him. After that, he goes on his typical attacks on DB for the rest of the post. Personally, I think people are feeding him things he wants to hear(or he's making it all up as he has done before), but we'll see soon enough. The meeting is scheduled for Wednesday.

https://www.ndus.edu/uploads/resources/7108/agenda.pdf

Also, the link to Port's blog doesn't work, but you can still get there easily enough from inForum.
    Fixed the linky (sorry).

My opinion is that there is a group in North Dakota, who does wield some power, that most certainly doesn't like DB. I suspect that group includes Shaffer... I am guessing this group is giving Port information. Kinda reminds me of the Yellow Journalism days. Lets get Port to write a story to get the public thinking DB is in trouble then if we let him go it just seems like a natural progression of things.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    DB is great for NDSU and his contract should be extended.
    And that is exactly why some people don't like him.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Letter in today's Herald...I bet Mike Jacobs shit when he read it in his old paper...

http://www.grandforksherald.com/opin...dsus-president
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Letter in today's Herald...I bet Mike Jacobs shit when he read it in his old paper...

http://www.grandforksherald.com/opin...dsus-president
    I read the letter for the first time now and it drives me nuts about the Portly Rob type folks. He will be the first to highlight poor reporting and will portray himself as a great alternative media source. Then you get this....

Quote Originally Posted by Say Anything Blog
    The letter sings Bresciani’s praises, though I had to laugh when the first thing they praise the guy for his is ability to…hire good football coaches. Good grief.
    When the letter says this....

Quote Originally Posted by Letter to Editor
    In his six years as president, Bresciani has provided exceptionally strong leadership across all aspects of the university with his passion for academics and research that has generated results and awards. He enjoys support from the campus community of students, administration and faculty leadership across all spectrums of the university because he is highly visible, cares deeply and is engaged on a daily basis.

He has hired a very strong team of coaches, led by the hiring of a strong athletic director.

He has provided much-needed support for the growth of the arts at NDSU, and he is well respected by alumni from across the nation and business leaders in the Fargo-Moorhead community, simply because of the strong and visual leadership he brings to the university.....
    Leave it to Rob to emphasize one sentence out of a very long letter. But hey, if you have a political point to try to score, all is fair I guess.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I read the letter for the first time now and it drives me nuts about the Portly Rob type folks. He will be the first to highlight poor reporting and will portray himself as a great alternative media source. Then you get this....
    Leave it to Rob to emphasize one sentence out of a very long letter. But hey, if you have a political point to try to score, all is fair I guess.
    Well, let's see, a number of respected civic leaders as opposed to a hack who couldn't cut it at NDSU. We have to give Rob some slack since he undoubtedly reads and comprehends on a second-grade level. That assessment is probably an insult to second graders.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post

Actually, he thought it read farts, not arts.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    Well, let's see, a number of respected civic leaders as opposed to a hack who couldn't cut it at NDSU. We have to give Rob some slack since he undoubtedly reads and comprehends on a second-grade level. That assessment is probably an insult to second graders.
    I agree. What a tool.

He also brings up Chapman again...why the hate on him is beyond me. What Chapman has done for NDSU is unprecedented from land grant and research perspectives to athletics.

Rob is easy to own