Page 13 of 77 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: A new attack dog on Bresciani

Default Re: A new attack dog on Bresciani

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    I would suggest you contact your elected officals and voice your concerns.
    I e mailed mine. I explained that of all the concerns i have, education is the top of my list. Votes are the only thing that matters to these people as a means to keep their power and perks.
    Isnt Don Morton on that board?
    He is on the board and he voted with the majority...Only one guy, Brett Johnson (who is a senior at UND), voted against tabling the discussion.

What a f'n joke!
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I am about as Republican as they come these bastards are going to force me to vote democrat. I do trust Doug to get this right. Hopefully Dean just keeps working and advancing NDSU and is extended come November.
    As an Independent Conservative, I don't see this problem as a Republican vs. Democrat issue, but rather a NDSU vs. UND issue. Those claiming to be conservative and are against Bresciani, aren't following conservative ideals. For example, why would one limit the growth of school that has a pretty good ROI in regards to the state of ND and each individual graduating from the school. That's bad business. Also, Schafer (and his adorers) boasts his budget work at UND by cutting programs and funds. That is just plain lazy business. Doesn't take a good businessman to eliminate business cost, but it takes one to create revenue.

The last thing the people of UND want to see is for NDSU to keep being successful and growing. That will eventually change their favorable imbalance in the state's legislature.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I would suggest you contact your elected officals and voice your concerns.
    I e mailed mine. I explained that of all the concerns i have, education is the top of my list. Votes are the only thing that matters to these people as a means to keep their power and perks.
    Isnt Don Morton on that board?
    Here's the list of the individuals on the ND SBOHE: https://www.ndus.edu/board/sbhe-members/
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Here's the list of the individuals on the ND SBOHE: https://www.ndus.edu/board/sbhe-members/
    I will tell you from experience they are a rather useless group of do nothings.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

I will tell you from experience they are a rather useless group of do nothings.
    You just described the majority of every politician (regardless of party) that I have met.
    Hail the BISON!!!

The thing that pisses me off if you are going to do it don't hide in executive session. Do it out in the open the way Government should be done. If you can only vote and discuss it quietly with the door closed, your a spineless board member owned by the legislator that is in your ear some would call it a lapdog.

Here's a question.

How could Rob Port be clued in to the SBoHE possibly not renewing Bresciani's contract?

ND laws are very strict on discussing business outside of meetings. Hagerott's letter on its face was very positive.

Makes you think that lots of people were talking 'independently'...
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

This states legislature is as crooked as an old cottonwood tree. It's a GOBC and it's way past time to take out the trash. I almost get the sense that it'll never happen. There is no way that board can honestly say that President Bresciani isn't doing exactly what he is supposed to do which is look out for what's best for NDSU. He isn't supposed to be a fucking yes man for the board or the legislature he is supposed to lead 1 of the top research institutions in the entire nation and he has done it outstandingly and what does he get from his bosses for it? A fricking kick in the nuts. I'm guessing he will be gone by November, hope I'm wrong.

Well they messed up a bit be delaying this to when school is in session. It will be interesting to see if the students come out for Dean like they did Joe.

Yes get rid of all the incumbents

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    Here's a question.

How could Rob Port be clued in to the SBoHE possibly not renewing Bresciani's contract?

ND laws are very strict on discussing business outside of meetings. Hagerott's letter on its face was very positive.

Makes you think that lots of people were talking 'independently'...
    Was thinking the same thing someone needs to write a letter to the Forum asking this very question.

rob came right out and side he had inside knowledge. If anything I wonder if DB does not have a case for a hostile work place...dont really know but this feels hostile