Page 1 of 77 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: A new attack dog on Bresciani

Default A new attack dog on Bresciani

It looks like a Minot legislator is planning on introducing a bill that will really cripple how the Foundation assists the President of any University in North Dakota. While I am no fan of Prez B, this bill is another attempt at over reach by a Western ND legislator.

http://www.inforum.com/news/3978022-...aying-expenses

Default Re: A new attack dog on Bresciani

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    It looks like a Minot legislator is planning on introducing a bill that will really cripple how the Foundation assists the President of any University in North Dakota. While I am no fan of Prez B, this bill is another attempt at over reach by a Western ND legislator.

I found the part about the suite catering interesting. Wonder what they order for the suite?

We are cutting state budgets and we worry about this stuff. Red herring
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post

The ONLY positive thing I read in the article is that the Bill is NOT being introduced until the legislature is in session.
    Hopefully his counterparts will realize that its not very good and will never get introduced.

The target here should be the State Board of Higher Education and their dumb policy concerning travel accommodations and the like befitting the Chief Executive of an operation the size of a State University.

The insanity of not allowing upgrades unless a 3rd party pays for them (a less charitable phrasing would be 'legally sanctioned bribe') is only exceeded by the hypocrisy of someone in this state legislature complaining about it while doing nothing to fix their own campaign finance rules. Not that there's anything going on but this guy could have deposited campaign contributions into a personal bank account and used the money to buy himself a retirement home in Phoenix and there's no way anyone could find out about it. But somehow the President of NDSU being able to take a nap and get some work done on an international business trip is a serious problem that must be addressed?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Totally stupid legislation.

Nothing wrong with what Pres B did.

Get your own budget in order and quit worrying about how a Pres of #1 research institution in the state flies.....

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    The target here should be the State Board of Higher Education and their dumb policy concerning travel accommodations and the like befitting the Chief Executive of an operation the size of a State University.

The insanity of not allowing upgrades unless a 3rd party pays for them (a less charitable phrasing would be 'legally sanctioned bribe') is only exceeded by the hypocrisy of someone in this state legislature complaining about it while doing nothing to fix their own campaign finance rules. Not that there's anything going on but this guy could have deposited campaign contributions into a personal bank account and used the money to buy himself a retirement home in Phoenix and there's no way anyone could find out about it. But somehow the President of NDSU being able to take a nap and get some work done on an international business trip is a serious problem that must be addressed?
    There was a bill introduced last session to change the practice of letting legislators dump campaign contributions into their personal accounts---of course it failed. I am sure our good friend from Minot voted to ban the practice.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    There was a bill introduced last session to change the practice of letting legislators dump campaign contributions into their personal accounts---of course it failed. I am sure our good friend from Minot voted to ban the practice.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You can't fix stupid. From his webpage....

Core Beliefs

Foundation for Good Government

Limited Government
    Government should provide only the functions that cannot be done by individuals or private businesses. The best form of government is one that governs the least.

http://votestreyle.com/?page_id=42

I guess it's only limited government when it fits your agenda. Otherwise pile on the legislation. What a moron.

I have no idea where to post this, but I haven't seen it anywhere on here..

http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2016/0...s-done-at-und/
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    I have no idea where to post this, but I haven't seen it anywhere on here..

http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2016/0...s-done-at-und/
    I agree with McFeely again.

Wtf. That's not supposed to happen.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk