Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 266674757677 LastLast

Thread: A new attack dog on Bresciani

Default Re: A new attack dog on Bresciani

The media investigation is a waste of time. My tax dollar better not be paying for the BS. The main thing is that the ship was righted.

We should hit these state legislators back and get a voter initiated amendment passed banning campaign contributions for personal use. Unrelated to this issue but I'm out for revenge.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by walknroehl View Post
    We should hit these state legislators back and get a voter initiated amendment passed banning campaign contributions for personal use. Unrelated to this issue but I'm out for revenge.

That's is just about vengeance it's about common sense.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    That's is just about vengeance it's about common sense.
    Oh I know that part of our state government disgusts me and has for a long time since all this oil money started happening.

Read NDCC 44-04-18.6.

The protections for legislators ARE NOT as strong as Roscoe Streyle might think.

a record of a purely personal or private nature,
    a record that is legislative council work product or is legislative council-client communication,
    a record that reveals the content of private communications between a memberof the legislative assembly and any person,
    and, except with respect to a governmental entitydetermining the proper use of telephone service, a record of telephone usage which identifiesthe parties or lists the telephone numbers of the parties involved.

Eg the conversations between port and streyle.

-they aren't personal as they are discussing state business and a state employee.
    -it doesn't involve the legislative council or any of its work product.
    -there is no need to reveal any personal information.

Not saying that anyone on here is bored and wants to get involved in other peoples business, but I think that the rules don't say what people think they do.

--If anyone was really bored they would do this for the SBoHE. The whole point of the Board is to keep politics out of it, would be nice to see the communication between members and elected politicians who apparently have nothing better to do.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by walknroehl View Post

I would like to see one where they follow open records.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

80ALUM is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

And the Bismarck Tribune joins the witch hunt.

http://bismarcktribune.com/eedition/...800795cc6.html

Quote Originally Posted by 80ALUM View Post
    And the Bismarck Tribune joins the witch hunt.

http://bismarcktribune.com/eedition/...800795cc6.html
    Better link

http://bismarcktribune.com/news/opin...db1cb8da3.html

Bresciani has spent a lot of time courting donors, alumni and business people in Fargo. He has support in the community but not necessarily for the right reasons. What’s good for business and higher education don’t always go hand in hand. As the Tribune editorial board noted earlier, he needed to show he’s good for the state. He’s failed that test.
    A bunch of newspaper hacks who don't know a god damn thing about running a university get to decide what is good and not? GFY
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Better link

http://bismarcktribune.com/news/opin...db1cb8da3.html

A bunch of newspaper hacks who don't know a god damn thing about running a university get to decide what is good and not? GFY
    I am starting to wonder if those outside of education appreciate education is also a business. Obviously, the newspapers are being driven by the sbohe and legislators who don't.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

NDSU is in the business of providing an educated and competent workforce for the region. Area businesses probably are a better judge of that than a politically driven board from the western half of the state.