Page 9 of 111 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2017 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    It looks like UNI, Wyoming, folks in the southern Dakota state don't do much outside recruiting, but just feed of NDSU recruiting efforts.
    You're kidding right?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    You're kidding right?
    I would guess no.
    Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Per Travis Wilson at WSN:

Bay Port (WI) 2017 LB Matt Lorbeck has received a scholarship offer from North Dakota State. #wisfb

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Per Travis Wilson at WSN:

Bay Port (WI) 2017 LB Matt Lorbeck has received a scholarship offer from North Dakota State. #wisfb
    This kid looks good...has he got any other offers, I'd be really surprised if he doesn't...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    This kid looks good...has he got any other offers, I'd be really surprised if he doesn't...
    Looks like it is Matt Lorbeck's 1st offer. Listed at 6' 3" 220 - MLB for Bayport
    HUDL has him at 4.75 in the 40. Has an older brother Zach doing track and
    field at Wisconsin (decathlon).

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2549823/matt-lorbeck

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bingo I had the same thoughts. We should hit them where it hurts. We should do some heavy campaigning in Kansas to weaken UNI presence in that state and Nebraska to reduce Craig Bhol's strangle hold. Nebraska might be easier because this year might be Craig Bhol's last year in WYO and himself he is interviewing for other coaching jobs. Let's hit these suckers
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Deyon Campbell - Hopkins MN - 5' 7" 178 - RB - 2017 NDSU offer
    fastest man at The Opening - Chicago (Nike Camp)
    - 4.36 hand-timed, 4.47 digital
    Also has Wyoming, UNI and SDSU offers

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Deyon-Camp...icago-45341800

BisonReport mentioned Jaylen Campbell (RB, 6' 1" 190, Waukesha WI, Catholic Memorial, 2017) being offered by NDSU the other day (his 1st).
    Wonder if Jaylen and Deyon are related?
    Anyways, Jaylen quickly picked up his 2nd offer, from SDSU, according to Travis Wilson.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 05-15-2016 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Bingo I had the same thoughts. We should hit them where it hurts. We should do some heavy campaigning in Kansas to weaken UNI presence in that state and Nebraska to reduce Craig Bhol's strangle hold. Nebraska might be easier because this year might be Craig Bhol's last year in WYO and himself he is interviewing for other coaching jobs. Let's hit these suckers
    If you make your decisions based on worrying about other schools, it's going to backfire. Worry about ourselves first and everything will take care of itself.

Craig Bohl Nebraska stranglehold? They signed like 2 players out of Nebraska last year.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If you make your decisions based on worrying about other schools, it's going to backfire. Worry about ourselves first and everything will take care of itself.

Craig Bohl Nebraska stranglehold? They signed like 2 players out of Nebraska last year.
    I agree but I do think we should be recruiting heavy in Nebraska every year just by looking back at the success we have had from there...the absence of Nebraska recruits this past year worries me and I'm a little concerned about the Nebraska recruits the South Dakota schools picked up, I guess we will find out if my anxiety was justified in a year or two when we play them....but then again, a lot of it is about player development, something we excel at over other schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    I agree but I do think we should be recruiting heavy in Nebraska every year just by looking back at the success we have had from there...the absence of Nebraska recruits this past year worries me and I'm a little concerned about the Nebraska recruits the South Dakota schools picked up, I guess we will find out if my anxiety was justified in a year or two when we play them....but then again, a lot of it is about player development, something we excel at over other schools.
    The south dakota schools are always going to get more Nebraska players just based on proximity. It's their Minnesota.

As far as Nebraska goes, obviously there are good players there. But I don't think we should recruit Nebraska just for the sake of recruiting Nebraska. Get the right players.

Not every player is going to be the next Stick, RJ, and DeLuca . Can't forget about the players who weren't exactly dominating like Sam Hahn, Bo Liekus, and Tyler Wrice.

I think the talent has been down. That's why we're targeting more Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Wisconsin has been huge in recent years.

If your going to stock up on Nebraska kids or anywhere outside of ND or MN, you better be sure they will be good. With the 3 state tuition reciprocity, it's safer and more bang for the buck to get more partials out of Minnesota. Partials out of Nebraska still pay out of state tuition which is way way higher

Seems like we're seeing a bit more activity in Nebraska this year... maybe it's an up year?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com