Page 56 of 111 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2017 Recruiting Updates

If people view it as a conflict, whether it really is or not, you still have a problem.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

No it isn't when both businesses are media. The point of both businesses is to provide such quality and timely information and analysis that it can be monetized. It's the point of any business. The subjects (NDSU and Minnesota) being close to each other geographically doesn't make it a conflict. Also coach Klieman will tell you straight up they're not currently beating Minnesota Wisconsin or Iowa H2H on recruits.

Anyone who knows me or my background (even my honestly pretty extreme distaste for the U of Minnesota, do a quick twitter search with my handle and "Gophers") and honestly thinks I would associate myself with an individual who is trying to hurt NDSU athletics is looking for someone to blame because the U of M got a new head coach who proclaimed immediately that he was going to build a gate 6 to 7 hours around the twin cities. Blame Fleck? No. Blame Ryan Burns.

If you people knew how much BisonReport actually made and how much of that I take to keep me upright in this business you would not be making these accusations. Get a grip people.

Also feel free to DM me about any questions you have about exactly why I know there isn't a conflict of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If you say so it must be true. (purple)

Yep. It's like being a software developer for Microsoft and then also being one for Apple and saying it's not a conflict.

Perception is reality.

We weren't talking about you Ross. But you are also not the publisher.
    Right. But you're also slandering my publisher on the internet with inaccurate information trying to blame him for what's currently going on in the recruiting scene. Since I actually know how we gather information and how little influence we have with coaches I'm trying to put accurate information out there.

Truly the most irresponsible and obvious part of the whole thing is that Ryan clearly doesn't have any ties to Fleck or their staff. He had connections with Claeys currently unemployed staff. Even if the dude was literally selling NDSU trade secrets he has no buyer (and again said buyer could flip 90% of NDSU recruits with one scholarship offer).

I don't care if you don't have a problem with me or weren't talking about me if you're going to talk out of turn about a subject of which you don't have accurate information I have a problem.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RossUglem View Post
    No it isn't when both businesses are media. The point of both businesses is to provide such quality and timely information and analysis that it can be monetized. It's the point of any business. The subjects (NDSU and Minnesota) being close to each other geographically doesn't make it a conflict. Also coach Klieman will tell you straight up they're not currently beating Minnesota Wisconsin or Iowa H2H on recruits.

Anyone who knows me or my background (even my honestly pretty extreme distaste for the U of Minnesota, do a quick twitter search with my handle and "Gophers") and honestly thinks I would associate myself with an individual who is trying to hurt NDSU athletics is looking for someone to blame because the U of M got a new head coach who proclaimed immediately that he was going to build a gate 6 to 7 hours around the twin cities. Blame Fleck? No. Blame Ryan Burns.

If you people knew how much BisonReport actually made and how much of that I take to keep me upright in this business you would not be making these accusations. Get a grip people.

Also feel free to DM me about any questions you have about exactly why I know there isn't a conflict of interest.
    The issue isn't who would win head to heads, but thanks for your response. Check your messages

If you say so it must be true. (purple)

Yep. It's like being a software developer for Microsoft and then also being one for Apple and saying it's not a conflict.

Perception is reality.

We weren't talking about you Ross. But you are also not the publisher.

Herdbot please just shut up. We do not need 3 pages of a recruiting thread devoted to your conspiracy theories. I know it is the off season, but you really need to come back to reality
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

Jay is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Malik Lofton Hopkins. Just watch this 1st play https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/189007 He takes a screen, gets wrapped up by 4-5 maple grove tacklers and breaks it for a touchdown.

NDSU isn't on his offer sheet on rivals anymore, which if true is a travesty. This kid should be a slamdunk with Marcus Williams as a prototype Hopkins kid!!
    The Lofton/Campbell duo will not be coming here imo. As Ryan stated in the podcast, they've taken one official visit to Wyoming(w/ less than one month to go until NSD). From what I've read, Lofton/Campbell/Mafe want to play together. If I was a betting man, it's going to come down to Wyoming, SDSU and UNI.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ross shared some interesting bits with me that helped alleviate some of my concerns (just PM him if you have any). I voiced concerns yesterday but did so in a way that made concerns sound like facts and that was wrong on my part. I should have just asked questions (which they were reasonable/valid questions and concerns) or stayed out of the conversation. In any case, if anything regarding Bisonreport were ever an issue let someone from within the program point it out and help shape your opinion; not me...I'm just a dumb homer fan forum poster
    Last edited by ZHerd; 01-09-2017 at 07:50 PM.

My source down in the cities said that Gindorff flipped to the Gophers now that Fleck offered. They haven't offered Ezekiel Ott yet...but he is on the list. Hoping they don't but it appears that Sherels is trying to snatch up local kids to fill any gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxFan View Post
    My source down in the cities said that Gindorff flipped to the Gophers now that Fleck offered. They haven't offered Ezekiel Ott yet...but he is on the list. Hoping they don't but it appears that Sherels is trying to snatch up local kids to fill any gaps.
    Can't blame a home town kid for going to the Gophers. Good news is we got another great TE in this class too and are pretty deep.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Can't blame a home town kid for going to the Gophers. Good news is we got another great TE in this class too and are pretty deep.
    If I am a Gopher fan I am not happy if my new coach if flipping FCS recruits.