Page 5 of 111 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2017 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Probably, but championship teams can never rest on their laurels. One injury... (Arden Beachy...)
    Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it. 2008 and 2009.
    While I'm looking forward to the future, I'm definitely not forgetting the past. While I see Stick and Van Dellen as our current and future starters, I'm also aware we are stocked well in QB depth with Davis and Hendricks. I'm also aware that we have offered two solid HS recruits (Katrenick and Urich) for 2017. This should help in case the absolute worst scenario happens, 2000. Our coaches are definitely not resting on their laurels, or any other type of shrubbery they have around their offices.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Interesting recruiting area, wonder what, if any, the connection was?
    Also interesting to me, Uhrich has a Coastal Carolina offer (going D1)

Coastal Carolina has an offer to another QB, one with an interesting name.
    Alstott

http://www.coastalfans.com/forum/ind...;topic=58672.0

And another QB prospect more from our neck of the woods (great name)
    Now there is a nice NFL blood line.

Default 2017 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Probably, but championship teams can never rest on their laurels. One injury... (Arden Beachy...)
    True-->CW injured 8 games/wins later were in the Natty via Stick.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

QB Henry Van Dellen's teammate at Providence Academy, Gavin Blomberg,
    is picking up offers on the recruiting trail. The 6' 4" 275 OLineman now has
    offers from Cornell and also from South Dakota.

Noticed that the Jacks made Zach Willis an offer during his visit. I know we have some interest in him and hopefully he shows up to NDSU camp and gets an offer. The kid is a beast.

Devante Dunn - 6' 2" 270 - DT from Illinois - listed as having a 2017 NDSU offer

Plainfield (Ill.) Nazareth Academy junior defensive lineman Devonte Dunn picked up his first three offers just weeks after winning the Roadrunners’ second consecutive state football championship.

Dunn’s early offers are from Miami-Ohio, Indiana State, and North Dakota St.
    https://illinois.n.rivals.com/news/d...-power-5-looks

Also now with offers from Wyoming, Southern Illinois & Illinois State, among others.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 04-02-2016 at 08:19 PM.

Luke Chuol - Centennial HS - Circle Pines MN - DL - 6' 3" 230 lbs
    (2017 NDSU offer)

Chuol has also now picked up an offer from Northern Iowa and South Dakota.
    Wyoming has now offered DE Chuol. Other Minnesota high school players
    who now have offers from both NDSU and Wyoming include
    DB Malik Lofton, LB/DB Nico Bolden and OL Nash Jensen.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wyoming has now offered DE Chuol. Other Minnesota high school players
    who now have offers from both NDSU and Wyoming include
    DB Malik Lofton, LB/DB Nico Bolden and OL Nash Jensen.
    Good Ol Bohl Vigen Richardson Olson recruiting areas that they know...Good Luck convincing them to go play in Laramie and play for what---4-5 wins if lucky??
    I'm not worried about theym...UNI, Northern Illinois, and Power 5 schools are our biggest competition over recruits

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Good Ol Bohl Vigen Richardson Olson recruiting areas that they know...Good Luck convincing them to go play in Laramie and play for what---4-5 wins if lucky??
    I'm not worried about theym...UNI, Northern Illinois, and Power 5 schools are our biggest competition over recruits
    These guys are stupid. It's not a 1 size fits all approach. Proximity is key but Minnesota 900 miles from Laramie. Apparently they didn't learn from the mistakes they made at NDSU trying to recruit 1000 miles away. It doesn't work. Proof is in the attrition. Heck proof is in their first recruiting class loaded with DISTANCE. Kids like to be close to home. Not saying a few from 1000 miles away ain't bad but those who stay will be champions. Nobody will stay or be a champion.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    These guys are stupid. It's not a 1 size fits all approach. Proximity is key but Minnesota 900 miles from Laramie. Apparently they didn't learn from the mistakes they made at NDSU trying to recruit 1000 miles away. It doesn't work. Proof is in the attrition. Heck proof is in their first recruiting class loaded with DISTANCE. Kids like to be close to home. Not saying a few from 1000 miles away ain't bad but those who stay will be champions. Nobody will stay or be a champion.
    Some truth to that.....Obviously all depends on the kid! It seems to me that if you pluck a kid 1000 miles away the best way to keep him is play him right away.