Page 108 of 111 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1101

Thread: 2017 Recruiting Updates

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2017 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I actually really like his tape. Looks like a compact strider with quick feet so I'm guessing he is probably a slot guy. He already appears to be a decent route runner, the kind of guy that finds a way to get open. Maybe not the best athlete or the fastest, just plays the game well.
    Maybe different playing styles a bit, but after hearing your thoughts about this kid coming in I instantly thought of Nate Moody. Kid was a walk on, that turned out to be a solid 5 year guy for the Bison. Played the game the right way, did his job and performed at a high level when called upon.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    Maybe different playing styles a bit, but after hearing your thoughts about this kid coming in I instantly thought of Nate Moody. Kid was a walk on, that turned out to be a solid 5 year guy for the Bison. Played the game the right way, did his job and performed at a high level when called upon.
    The question that remains to be answered is if he will be on offense or defense. He spent a lot of time at NDSU's football camps and knows the coaches pretty well.

Personally, I like him in a Safety position even though he has pretty good receiving skills (after watching him play varsity at Pine Creek the past three years, I would say he compares to RJ Urzendowski).
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    The question that remains to be answered is if he will be on offense or defense. He spent a lot of time at NDSU's football camps and knows the coaches pretty well.

Personally, I like him in a Safety position even though he has pretty good receiving skills (after watching him play varsity at Pine Creek the past three years, I would say he compares to RJ Urzendowski).
    RJ would have been my current NDSU comparison, no doubt. Interesting thought on defense, I could definitely get on board with that, it looks like he's certainly got the feet and hips to play in backfield.

So this kid camped here? How did catch wind of the camp? I heard Holden Hotchkiss camped here too, that's pretty stellar if you ask me. Let's work that Lakeland pipeline!
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    RJ would have been my current NDSU comparison, no doubt. Interesting thought on defense, I could definitely get on board with that, it looks like he's certainly got the feet and hips to play in backfield.

So this kid camped here? How did catch wind of the camp? I heard Holden Hotchkiss camped here too, that's pretty stellar if you ask me. Let's work that Lakeland pipeline!
    He was born into the Bison family. His dad was Bucky's assistant during my years at NDSU and was the one who hired me at USAW. Being a Bison Football player has been a huge dream of his for a long time.

Peter is pretty good on defense (along with offense and special teams). Unfortunately, he didn't play Safety too much this past season as the Pine Creek's coach relied on younger players until the playoffs so there would be a better foundation for the team next year (that's their way of reloading instead of rebuilding every season). Although it was better for the team in the long run, it hurt the team early in the season by just comparing the two times Pine Creek played Chatfield.

In the first game (where Michigan came up with the "Train Formation" while scouting a Chatfield player who was already committed to Virginia Tech http://chsaanow.com/2016-10-04/michi...ion-chatfield/), Pine Creek lost 50-39. Mainly because the team's starting MLB decided he wanted nothing to do with Dalton Keene (the kid being recruited) after being steamrolled early in the game. He pretty much stopped trying to tackle Keene and ended up be demoted to JV after the game.

In the second game, Pine Creek beat Chatfield 28-14 in the Semifinals. By this game, the upperclassmen were playing defense and it showed. It also helped that Pine Creek ran a lot of East to West run plays to tire out Chatfield's defense, which included Dalton Keene as a LB. This made Keene very ineffective as a RB/FB when Chatfield was on offense.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

Seems like we have more competition there

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

This is a bit off topic but I noticed the soccer team signed something like 7 Canadians.

With Winnipeg only 3 1/2 hours from Fargo and a metro population of 750k people... Shouldn't we be recruiting it more? Heck weather won't be an issue and there are obviously football fans with a CFL team.

Heck Erin Teschuk is from Winnipeg and she is an Olympian.

UND has dabbled in Winnipeg and have a few players including Brady Olivera. We did recruit Mason Bennett

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    This is a bit off topic but I noticed the soccer team signed something like 7 Canadians.

With Winnipeg only 3 1/2 hours from Fargo and a metro population of 750k people... Shouldn't we be recruiting it more? Heck weather won't be an issue and there are obviously football fans with a CFL team.

Heck Erin Teschuk is from Winnipeg and she is an Olympian.

UND has dabbled in Winnipeg and have a few players including Brady Olivera. We did recruit Mason Bennett
    Football isn't big up there so development is behind, plus clearinghouse is much different also if I remember right

I think the payoff is too little to focus the time there when there are tons of players down the road 4 hrs
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Football isn't big up there so development is behind, plus clearinghouse is much different also if I remember right

I think the payoff is too little to focus the time there when there are tons of players down the road 4 hrs
    4 hours to the south gets you to Sioux Falls. 4 hours west get you in state. East is obviously huge. I honestly think Winnipeg is one of the few areas UND had an advantage just on Teh Hockies and proximity. Probably worth dabbling up there though. With 750k people there has to be some athletes

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    4 hours to the south gets you to Sioux Falls. 4 hours west get you in state. East is obviously huge. I honestly think Winnipeg is one of the few areas UND had an advantage just on Teh Hockies and proximity. Probably worth dabbling up there though. With 750k people there has to be some athletes
    Athletes with skates and sticks

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Athletes with skates and sticks
    Or Olympians like Erin Teschuk. Lots of the Minnesota kids we recruit play teh hockies.