Page 22 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2017 Recruiting Updates

I see where SDSU got a verbal from Reece Winkelman of Marshall, MN.
    He's a 6' 4" 220 OLB/DE, about the same size as former Bison basketball
    player Brett Winkelman, who is from Morris, MN. Was curious if they are any relation?

http://www.scout.com/player/210184-reece-winkelman

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I admit, I am tired of losing to PWO offers; but good luck to the young man.
    Yes but glad he made the decision now and not at the last minute. I wonder if the coaches are pushing these guys to made decisions sooner this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Accepted a PWO from Wisconsin.
    I believe all QBs we offered early have now committed elsewhere. My guess is next man on the board is Noah Sanders out of Apple Valley, MN. Good prospect that most would regard as the number one QB in Minnesota this year and also a camp kid. Holds an offer from Montana St.

Tore his meniscus after 6 games as a junior but Hedberg has worked him out multiple times. Also a top baseball prospect with big ten interest so has a sport decision to make as well in addition to showing coaches he is recovered from his injury.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3951035/...ghts/281211376

Should be a fun few weeks with several kids wanting to commit before the start of their senior season!

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Maybe Mr. Holt doesn't want to play in Laramie, Lincoln, Dinkytown, et. al....... maybe there's that DNA thing involved here.
    Landon Lechler prime example, from Beach, ND. A friends son played with Lechler and for his size he was considered a non factor in ball games at that level, by the team mates and parents. NDSU put a program to him and look how well he turned out.

Boom! Stay hot
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd890 View Post
    I believe all QBs we offered early have now committed elsewhere. My guess is next man on the board is Noah Sanders out of Apple Valley, MN. Good prospect that most would regard as the number one QB in Minnesota this year and also a camp kid. Holds an offer from Montana St.

Tore his meniscus after 6 games as a junior but Hedberg has worked him out multiple times. Also a top baseball prospect with big ten interest so has a sport decision to make as well in addition to showing coaches he is recovered from his injury.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3951035/...ghts/281211376

Should be a fun few weeks with several kids wanting to commit before the start of their senior season!
    So was Hotchkiss a recent offer or just someone you lost track of? (Not hard to lose track the way the recruits are coming and going).

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    So was Hotchkiss a recent offer or just someone you lost track of? (Not hard to lose track the way the recruits are coming and going).
    offered and immediately accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    offered and immediately accepted.
    I like a guy who knows a good deal when he sees it.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    I like a guy who knows a good deal when he sees it.
    Me also- looks like a great addition. Glad he was at camp already so he has been on campus and around the team and coaches feel comfortable with him as well.

Lets not underestimate how important Randy Hedberg is in this situation. Not only is he just dominant in recruiting the local area, having a QB coach on staff and being able to show kids how we develop kids in our program is special...and critical in these kids decisions. We don't get 5 star kids. We must develop kids that have bought into a certain culture. NDSU doesn't hold back in recruiting, up front they are telling kids this is the hardest thing you will ever try. It isn't for everyone. 12 months a year. Kids get about an hour off after Frisco. Then second semester starts. It is crazy how much football has been played. SOme schools end in November. Brock Jensen won 198,983,918,181 games for NDSU. A lot of playoff games in that #!!
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.