Page 60 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Recruiting Updates

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2017 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    They can get the tough yards. Bruce Anderson is actually the same height as King and 3 lbs heavier but way faster.
    If Bruce and Dunn have the same fight after initial contact King had I haven't seen it (exception Bruce's ko return TD vs uni)

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    If Bruce and Dunn have the same fight after initial contact King had I haven't seen it (exception Bruce's ko return TD vs uni)
    Because we run them outside most of the time. We never had a problem running inside with Crockett or Ojuri

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Because we run them outside most of the time. We never had a problem running inside with Crockett or Ojuri
    In my opinion Dunn was called on to run inside way too often. He does not have the size or quickness to be consistently successful there. I would think Anderson could do well running inside, and really expected him to do better this past season. At first I thought great things would happen when he added weight, but I think it slowed him down a bit.

Hahaha, well, Crockett and Ojuri aren't on the team anymore.

Like ZHerd said, I haven't seen other backs get the same type of hard yards. They might be the same size, but that's a tiny piece of the puzzle. An upright runner going into the line of scrimmage at a slant is a lot more likely to be stopped at first contact - also, I'm guessing that King is more physically powerful. If it wasn't hard and time-consuming, I'd do a compilation of King's 20 toughest runs of 2016 because he had some beauties (and he was a bit underappreciated.) Then again, maybe it won't be a problem at all.
    Last edited by tony; 01-11-2017 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    In my opinion Dunn was called on to run inside way too often. He does not have the size or quickness to be consistently successful there. I would think Anderson could do well running inside, and really expected him to do better this past season. At first I thought great things would happen when he added weight, but I think it slowed him down a bit.
    Bruce was injured most of the year though. When he got hurt during sdsu, he already had a high ankle sprain on his opposite ankle. When he came back late he clearly wasn't 100%. He could run straight on kickoffs but Klieman said he couldn't cut as well

Still not sure what to think about Dunn. Late in the year he looked really good and was arguably our best back but many of the runs were off tackle

If Purifoy can add enough weight, he's got some big time potential. Kind of a San Ojuri style back

I think Cofield is a guy who could surprise. Physically he looked like he could have played this year, much like Bruce did as a freshman

We are lucky those guys got red shirt years.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

The ankle issues definitely affected Bruce this season. Hopefully he can stay healthy next year. He has the ability to be a physical inside runner. Really wish they had redshirted Morlock. Would have been nice to have him back next season.

Jay is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Maybe take this to the 2017 Bison thread... keep this recruiting talk only. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Hahaha, well, Crockett and Ojuri aren't on the team anymore.

Like ZHerd said, I haven't seen other backs get the same type of hard yards. They might be the same size, but that's a tiny piece of the puzzle. An upright runner going into the line of scrimmage at a slant is a lot more likely to be stopped at first contact - also, I'm guessing that King is more physically powerful. If it wasn't hard and time-consuming, I'd do a compilation of King's 20 toughest runs of 2016 because he had some beauties (and he was a bit underappreciated.) Then again, maybe it won't be a problem at all.
    King had some amazing second efforts to get the extra half yard and first down. Paid huge dividends with how low our 3rd down conversion percentage was. My favorite was 4th quarter at Iowa. Had a chip for sure.

The Valley has had some amazing running backs the last 5 years with some producing in the NFL. Johnson from UNI. Crockett/Ojuri from NDSU. Coprich from ISU red. Zenner from SDSU. Maybe others that I can't think of now. Wonder who of the current Valley recruits pans out like some of these guys?

Jay is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Tanner Sundt reaffirms his commitment. IMG_3035.JPG

Gophers land #38 nationally ranked TE Jack Paulson so breathe a lil easier guys about Noah G !!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?