Page 37 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Recruiting Updates

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2017 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    A tweet saying LB Noah Urbanek (Kearney Nebraska)(2017 NDSU offer)
    has verbaled to the Jackrabbits

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sean_Call...27221279191041

Would be a good get for SDSU, a head-to-head win if true.......
    Would break NDSU's streak this year against them at 6 IIRC
    Great get for the Jacks. Would have been great to get him at NDSU. Wonder if DeLuca coming back and eating up another scholarship means we're done LB.

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    I only count six in your list
    Yep, looked again, still 6, so my North Dakota math failed me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Great get for the Jacks. Would have been great to get him at NDSU. Wonder if DeLuca coming back and eating up another scholarship means we're done LB.
    Will be interesting to see if that is the case, or do the coaches move on and find another LB later.
    A healthy DeLuca would be better than any new recruit any other MVFC team could bring in
    (Said with my Bizon-colored glasses on )

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Will be interesting to see if that is the case, or do the coaches move on and find another LB later.
    A healthy DeLuca would be better than any new recruit any other MVFC team could bring in
    (Said with my Bizon-colored glasses on )
    We also have Jabril cox who will only be a redshirt freshman next year and looks like a stud

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    We also have Jabril cox who will only be a redshirt freshman next year and looks like a stud
    Yeah, well, he hasn't played a down do no one really knows shit.

Everyone had Bryan Carlton as a stud based on high school film and the next big DT for NDSU, and he's gone. Everybody wanted PGT when he was a HS senior and when he flipped everyone was ecstatic and projected him a the next coming of a stud LB. He is okay but has not lived up to the hype and has yet to be all conference.

Nobody knows who is going to be a starter, a star, a bust, or another number in the attrition column. That's why the number of quality athletes that come to the program are so important, and currently at LB we appear to be thin because the coaches aren't doing much to build bench strength for this season or any other. So despite what anyone thinks about Cox's potential, numbers are the game, specifically quality in numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post

Everyone had Bryan Carlton as a stud based on high school film and the next big DT for NDSU, and he's gone. Everybody wanted PGT when he was a HS senior and when he flipped everyone was ecstatic and projected him a the next coming of a stud LB. He is okay but has not lived up to the hype and has yet to be all conference.

Nobody knows who is going to be a starter, a star, a bust, or another number in the attrition column. That's why the number of quality athletes that come to the program are so important, and currently at LB we appear to be thin because the coaches aren't doing much to build bench strength for this season or any other. So despite what anyone thinks about Cox's potential, numbers are the game, specifically quality in numbers.
    I wouldn't say that we are that thin at linebacker. If we are thin it is in the secondary. Hard to get good reps when all the games have been close. Also look at how stacked we are at DT, lots of competition. Doesn't mean Carlton wasnt good.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post

I am more worried about our CB recruits than our LBs. What is even more bothering is the fact that Chris Klieman was primarily a CB coach before becoming a head coach. Inspite of his many years of experience , how we recruited kids who can never deflect passes, breakup passes i am not even talking about interception which looks like a dream at this point is a bit puzzling and at the same time a little shocking to me. Even if I am wildly wrong, nobody can dispute the fact that the product we are seeing at the backfield is not very good which means the coaches are not doing their job, either during recruiting or during the off season training or camps.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    I am more worried about our CB recruits than our LBs. What is even more bothering is the fact that Chris Klieman was primarily a CB coach before becoming a head coach. Inspite of his many years of experience , how we recruited kids who can never deflect passes, breakup passes i am not even talking about interception which looks like a dream at this point is a bit puzzling and at the same time a little shocking to me. Even if I am wildly wrong, nobody can dispute the fact that the product we are seeing at the backfield is not very good which means the coaches are not doing their job, either during recruiting or during the off season training or camps.
    How's that working out for you today? We looked fine and had 2 INTs.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    How's that working out for you today? We looked fine and had 2 INTs.
    C'mon Tony. Both were very poorly thrown balls and or mis-ques by WRs. There were many pass plays, especially in first have, where WRs were either wide open or missed the catch. Secondary is still very suspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    C'mon Tony. Both were very poorly thrown balls and or mis-ques by WRs. There were many pass plays, especially in first have, where WRs were either wide open or missed the catch. Secondary is still very suspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Suspect but I think they are making some progress. Next week will be a huge test though.