Page 24 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2017 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    So, you recruiting gurus, is what NDSU is doing in FCS unique? How does the numbers and rankings of verbals compare to other schools? I always struggle with feeling like following recruiting is like living in a hole and never peering out to see what is going on elsewhere.
    I don't know if it's unique or not. I do know that by getting kids into camp over 3 days, they can get the feel if the player is a good fit and has good character and is committed. I think the days of picking up players at the last minute are going away. We typically don't see a team of idiots, thugs, or criminals anymore like we did in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Great stuff! Glad to hear Mick Garry (USD Coyote beat writer)
    believes in the "Joe Glenn Rule".
    To paraphrase Garry's take - the Bison get to pick and choose who they
    want amongst the borderline Big 10/Big 12/FBS recruits, while
    South Dakota and the others wait.

The Coyotes have yet to get their first verbal for 2017.

On the other hand, SDSU has been busy, having at least 8 commits.
    They also have a verbal from a 6' 4" high school QB from Florida.
    Will be interesting to compare the 2 careers of Ethan Bullock (SDSU) and Holden Hotchkiss (NDSU) (if they both make it to campus).

I don't believe any of the Jackrabbit verbals had a NDSU offer, so no
    head-to-head victories yet for the bunnies. IMO it appears, with the
    new stadium, the Jacks felt frisky and have gone up against the Bison
    (and others) more than they had in the past. It's still early, but NDSU
    has definitely held their own in this battle (IMHO).
    South Dakota also, IMO, has also seemed more aggressive going
    head-to-head with NDSU. New Head Coach Bob Nielsen is in his first full recruiting season with the 'Yotes, was previously with Western Illinois (Minnesota-Duluth before that).
    We are killing it in recruiting. We win upwards of 95% of the battles when we go head to head with SDSU, UND, USD, UNI, and even Wyoming. I think SDSU is focusing more on Nebraska now which is smart but they are more in competition with other Missouri Valley teams. But SDSU is beating out the other MVFC teams more regularly and their new facilities in probably helping a little.

Cant wait until we are able to get an indoor practice facility completed.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Will that makes sense now why a SD station talks about it.
    They were talking about the Sioux Falls Storm......

Dominance fatigue is when you are so good, people actually stop paying attention. It's sort of happened to my group...we are generally less enthusiastic about getting up super early for tailgating, the whole day(or weekend by the time everything is removed from the dome the next day) being "wasted" on NDSU football, especially against someone like WIU. I actually look forward to the winter because I get to do nothing on the weekends. All summer I rush to the lake on Fridays...all fall I rush to tailgating on Fridays. It's exhausting.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post

Dominance fatigue is when you are so good, people actually stop paying attention. It's sort of happened to my group...we are generally less enthusiastic about getting up super early for tailgating, the whole day(or weekend by the time everything is removed from the dome the next day) being "wasted" on NDSU football, especially against someone like WIU. I actually look forward to the winter because I get to do nothing on the weekends.
    #BisonNationProblems

Dominance fatigue is when you are so good, people actually stop paying attention. It's sort of happened to my group...we are generally less enthusiastic about getting up super early for tailgating, the whole day(or weekend by the time everything is removed from the dome the next day) being "wasted" on NDSU football, especially against someone like WIU. I actually look forward to the winter because I get to do nothing on the weekends. All summer I rush to the lake on Fridays...all fall I rush to tailgating on Fridays. It's exhausting.
    I knew who they were talking about; just didn't think it was important enough to use purple to show my sarcasm.

In regards to your group being bored with NDSU's dominance and success, maybe the "wasted" part is negatively affecting your guys' dopamine cells too much and that prevents the enjoying of the finer things in life.
    Hail the BISON!!!

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ec8ch - You nailed it again. I will start this thread.
    #BisonNationProblems
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

you serious or trolling on this? if serious only in America does having fun get boring...lol
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    you serious or trolling on this? if serious only in America does having fun get boring...lol
    Serious. It's not that having fun is boring, it's just become so repetitive ya know? I love NDSU football and have been a season ticket holder for over 2/3rds of my life. What is the saying...variety is the spice of life? We always seem reinvigorated in the playoffs because it's new teams and more suspense. I think this year we were actually more connected after the USD loss because our season wasn't predetermined anymore...every game mattered even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I knew who they were talking about; just didn't think it was important enough to use purple to show my sarcasm.

In regards to your group being bored with NDSU's dominance and success, maybe the "wasted" part is negatively affecting your guys' dopamine cells too much and that prevents the enjoying of the finer things in life.
    I didn't really mean it in that sense, I just didn't feel like actually saying we were wasting a day on NDSU football, so I thought the quotes would help. It's just a lot of work and like I said, it kind of kills our entire fall. I didn't pull my docks and lift until basically November last year because I was busy every weekend in September and October...not going to do that again. Not only that, but if we have rig or setup issues, it takes more of our(my) time to fix it which eats up my week nights. I don't have kids or a wife, so I get to basically do what I want when I want to do it...so myself and one other from our group is usually stuck working until late hours or doing early morning stuff. MN does a great job being involved for having a wife and kid, so he gets credit there for sure.

With that said, we usually try to pick out a game or two a year that we don't bring the bus to, just to try to give us a break. The schedule seems to be set up far better for breaks than previous years where we have a bunch of home games and a couple of road trips all right within the first month or so of the season.

I realize this forum is not filled with the average fan, so this is probably falling on mostly deaf ears. I believe Alabama has lost season ticket holders since their dominant run began, it might have changed now but I remember reading an article about it.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Serious. It's not that having fun is boring, it's just become so repetitive ya know? I love NDSU football and have been a season ticket holder for over 2/3rds of my life. What is the saying...variety is the spice of life? We always seem reinvigorated in the playoffs because it's new teams and more suspense. I think this year we were actually more connected after the USD loss because our season wasn't predetermined anymore...every game mattered even more.

I didn't really mean it in that sense, I just didn't feel like actually saying we were wasting a day on NDSU football, so I thought the quotes would help. It's just a lot of work and like I said, it kind of kills our entire fall. I didn't pull my docks and lift until basically November last year because I was busy every weekend in September and October...not going to do that again. Not only that, but if we have rig or setup issues, it takes more of our(my) time to fix it which eats up my week nights. I don't have kids or a wife, so I get to basically do what I want when I want to do it...so myself and one other from our group is usually stuck working until late hours or doing early morning stuff. MN does a great job being involved for having a wife and kid, so he gets credit there for sure.

With that said, we usually try to pick out a game or two a year that we don't bring the bus to, just to try to give us a break. The schedule seems to be set up far better for breaks than previous years where we have a bunch of home games and a couple of road trips all right within the first month or so of the season.

I realize this forum is not filled with the average fan, so this is probably falling on mostly deaf ears. I believe Alabama has lost season ticket holders since their dominant run began, it might have changed now but I remember reading an article about it.
    yeah I get it, but we have a pretty good home schedule this year, 2 teams we have not faced here ever that are good, Illinois St, SDSU, YSU

I guess I enjoy winning, I'm competitive as hell, so losing socks for me even though I'm not playing. yes blowouts get old I agree but I love winning no matter and I go to have a good time after all its only 6 Saturdays a year generally as I maybe tailgate 1 playoff game due to game times etc...but I get ya

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

yeah I get it, but we have a pretty good home schedule this year, 2 teams we have not faced here ever that are good, Illinois St, SDSU, YSU

I guess I enjoy winning, I'm competitive as hell, so losing socks for me even though I'm not playing. yes blowouts get old I agree but I love winning no matter and I go to have a good time after all its only 6 Saturdays a year generally as I maybe tailgate 1 playoff game due to game times etc...but I get ya

I don't think we had a ton of blowout recently. Last year we lost twice, needed a miracle finish to beat Youngstown, needed a miracle to beat UNI, trailed UNI at half time in the playoffs, and there was probably another close game in there. Southern Illinois was only a 6 point win.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Right. The last couple of years its been a minimum of 9 home games and then 1-2 road trips and/or Frisco. I agree tho, I am excited for this season....just not to fix the bus.
    check neg rep