Page 96 of 111 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2017 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Engel will hopefully be good, but if he were as all world as a few people seem to think he would have played last year. CB seems like a huge need to me. I'm just assuming the staff feels good about the guys we have coming back at corner
    Agree 100% with you on this. Hoping he ends up being a good player for us but as thin as we were at WR last year, he would have played last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    He does look good but looks like he has the frame to put on some weight. Hopefully him and Engel can develop so we can have two big fast receivers to cover. Wasn't Engel hurt at the beginning of last year and part of the reason he redshirted?
    Yes he got nicked up at camp and missed some time during the install. He will be a major force this year and a huge target. We never had a 6:6 210 WR that runs a 4.5. He will keep all the safeties back and will not be able to play in the box so much. RJ will benefit since he will be able to move back to his normal position.

Anything from this weekend?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Appears Ross' prediction was correct and Cam Hairston commited to Uconn on a visit this weekend.

https://twitter.com/rueby_v/status/825748846756126720

Quote Originally Posted by Herd890 View Post
    Appears Ross' prediction was correct and Cam Hairston commited to Uconn on a visit this weekend.

https://twitter.com/rueby_v/status/825748846756126720
    Any word from the recruits we had in, specifically marcus hayes? Any idea of wr targets now that hill decommitted and Hairston is going to UCONN? How bout the Uni wr that decomitted

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We don't NEED a DT this year with Metz, Tucker, and Alo last year and Hubbs and Darnell the year before but getting another this year would be a bonus.

Cornerback though is a dramatic need. The numbers are kind if frightening and I hate going out and getting Juco players. They are an 80 percent bust. What's the last impactful Juco we signed. Seems like we're getting too many guys who are safety/corner hybrids and no true cover corners.
    Is Hubbs done due to injury?

Quote Originally Posted by wisco4 View Post
    Is Hubbs done due to injury?
    Not that I am aware of but it's possible I missed it. He was injured his senior year of high school though which slowed his development

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Austin Avery commits.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Safety Michael Tutsie visited and was offered this weekend.

http://www.scout.com/player/205254-michael-tutsie

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Safety Michael Tutsie visited and was offered this weekend.

http://www.scout.com/player/205254-michael-tutsie
    Very good local player. His dad coached at Warren Central for a couple years. They are one of the best programs in the state. He had played at Lawrence Central (district I live in and the school Tre Roberson attended) but transferred to Warren Central his senior year. He was one of the top defensive players in the state.
    Last edited by IndyBison; 01-30-2017 at 04:10 AM.