Page 54 of 111 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Recruiting Updates

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2017 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    It's not what he would say to a recruit, it's additional info/insight he could provide to another program both about recruits as well as NDSU inner workings. He is essentially acting like a gopher scout with access to another program. Not sure how this doesn't bother people
    Exactly. And he can gather that information while telling people that he is representing "Bison Report."
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yes. He not only has a conflict of interest, he's taking our money and laughing at us. And then he publicly begs the Gophers to flip our players on the Bison Report podcast. That's two years in a row. It rubs me the wrong way and I know I'm not the only one. In fact, I would encourage every Bison fan to cancel after recruiting season is done. The quality of the content has declined after he got subscribers. John Neis does a great job and he does it for free without feeding inside info.

Edit. I've got 5 positive reps in about 5 minutes after posting this
    My card expires in March. I probably won't renew.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I highly doubt any recruit would determine where they'll go based on what he would say to them.
    I agree, but that isn't the issue. He has the opportunity to gather lots of intelligence from potential recruits, high school coaches, etc. Who is recruiting a player? What have college programs been saying to a recruit? Etc. That information has value and can be used for or against a particular program.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I agree, but that isn't the issue. He has the opportunity to gather lots of intelligence from potential recruits, high school coaches, etc. Who is recruiting a player? What have college programs been saying to a recruit? Etc. That information has value and can be used for or against a particular program.
    Not sure how it all works but as big as ndsu football has got, y don't they have a dedicated person to just the bison so you don't have this problem. I agree with the majority that the gophers could get valuable information from Ryan

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Especially with a new coaching staff that isn't familiar with the state of Minnesota. I mean they're all of what 3 days into their new jobs?
    I guarantee that we have more than one verbal that he is encouraging Fleck to flip.

And RB also tweeted "they" are taking another look at Zeke Ott,
    Caledonia MN, a Grand Forks Community College commit.
    Please! Stay away from Farmington MN......

At least Minny's last verbal today was a big TE/DE, Nate Umlor 6'5, 260 lb,
    Allendale Michigan, a Western Michigan flip,
    if that helps keep Gindorff......

I think I'll choose not to follow a site when the individual who runs it cheers for one of the programs he covers to recruit and flip players who have verbally committed to the Bison.

Nothing really wrong with an individual doing that, but I just don't think I want to support such things.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    And RB also tweeted "they" are taking another look at Zeke Ott,
    a Grand Forks Community College commit.
    Please! Stay away from Bison DL's
    The biggest thing now would be signing day being so close that if he flips some guys it will be hard to replace them on such short notice.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Question; how much access has Ryan Burns had to NDSU? Interviews with recruits, and coaches....camps? Does he get to watch camps, and drills etc?

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    It's not what he would say to a recruit, it's additional info/insight he could provide to another program both about recruits as well as NDSU inner workings. He is essentially acting like a gopher scout with access to another program. Not sure how this doesn't bother people
    How do you know he's not providing the same info to NDSU coaches about MN or other schools? Guessing he is providing something of value to get all the inside information.