Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: A Dead Horse Worth Beating (Emory Hunt)

Default Re: A Dead Horse Worth Beating (Emory Hunt)

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    The argument that we had a better record last year without him was one of the dumbest I heard
    I know what you mean, however, we did have a better record.
    I could be wrong but I felt that when big John Crockett left "maybe"/"perhaps" the team relied on his big arm a little to much.
    The 3 games they lost in 2 years were when carson was injured or they might have not lost any games?
    Without him I feel the team grew because they had to. Stick led the charge with his rushing by being the 1st 100 yard rusher for the first few games until king started living out his potential.
    We had a better record without him, but, he was a great QB and his big arm was fun to watch ... imo

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    Okay, I take you back to my suggestion that the Bison QB coach should be working with CW to fix problems that folks pointed at as shortcoming if he was to be drafted in the NFL. The prevailing discussion said I was nuts, that I had no clue what I was talking about, and that the job of the coach was to win games, not prepare a QB for a future in the NFL.

[This subsequently even became a discussion on Mike & Mike in the morning for 2 days.]
    Yeah, I swear that's all I heard during that Bears game is how poorly NDSU prepared him for the NFL. It was embarrassing. I mean geez, he dropped all the way down to the #2 pick because of it. It's too bad they didn't showcase him more like Cal did for Goff, that really would have helped him out.

Sorry, couldn't resist, you lobbed that one right over the plate.

Okay, I take you back to my suggestion that the Bison QB coach should be working with CW to fix problems that folks pointed at as shortcoming if he was to be drafted in the NFL. The prevailing discussion said I was nuts, that I had no clue what I was talking about, and that the job of the coach was to win games, not prepare a QB for a future in the NFL.

[This subsequently even became a discussion on Mike & Mike in the morning for 2 days.]
    Well, the job of the QB coach is definitely to make the QB better... and that should translate from college to NFL given NDSU's offensive scheme (which looks an awful like the one the Eagles run.)

Some draft analysts said they saw problems with CW, but I'm wondering if they looked at much tape. I mean, some of those guys were saying that Carson Wentz might not succeed because he's kind of like Ryan Leaf and several of them were seeing things that weren't there.

Obviously, there is no accreditation process for becoming an NFL draft analyst.

OTOH, I'd be pretty excited if Carson had time to do some consulting with NDSU's QBs and Hedberg, going over the drills and things he went through to get more polished.

Additionally, there is a very low tolerance for contrary opinions on this board.
    Screw you, you have no idea what you're talking about
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

I also love how some of the pro people say things like, "he comes from a simple offense at NDSU". I don't think that's true at all and they probably didn't even watch any tape and simply looked at statistics and said, "geez, all they do is run the ball up there, it must be a very simple offense".
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Yeah, I swear that's all I heard during that Bears game is how poorly NDSU prepared him for the NFL. It was embarrassing. I mean geez, he dropped all the way down to the #2 pick because of it. It's too bad they didn't showcase him more like Cal did for Goff, that really would have helped him out. Sorry, couldn't resist, you lobbed that one right over the plate.
    Yeah, well, obviously the Bison QB Coach read my points about his responsibility to fix CW's perceived NFL shortcomings and took strong positive corrective action.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    .... OTOH, I'd be pretty excited if Carson had time to do some consulting with NDSU's QBs and Hedberg, going over the drills and things he went through to get more polished.
    And aren't several other NFL Bison in town also? Hope they get a chance to talk with their counterparts ..... and all the freshmen about the rewards of hard work
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Screw you, you have no idea what you're talking about
    Golly, Gully.... I just don't know what to say.

I also love how some of the pro people say things like, "he comes from a simple offense at NDSU". I don't think that's true at all and they probably didn't even watch any tape and simply looked at statistics and said, "geez, all they do is run the ball up there, it must be a very simple offense".
    Many people think these high tempo spread offenses that put up a ton of yards must be complicated because they are so successful (and so many team run them in FBS). Honestly, its usually the opposite, the high tempo offenses usually force Defenses to go Vanilla (because they have to line up quickly) which allows them to be fairly simple (with very simple reads).

I remember a few years ago when Chip Kelly was at Oregon tearing it up and everyone in awe of the offense. One of the college football shows did a segment on it that basically showed they were only running a small handful of plays from a bunch of different looks.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That analysis was mostly from simple analyizers