Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: A Dead Horse Worth Beating (Emory Hunt)

Default Re: A Dead Horse Worth Beating (Emory Hunt)

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Aint nothin wrong with that.
    Yep, it's a free country and even idiotic speech is protected.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    this is just so out there. I haven't even heard of 3 of those guys.
    #awfulblackjournalists

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but that doesn't mean they are all of equal worth. When ideas are expressed in a public forum it opens you to criticism by others. If people don't know that already, they learn quickly on BV.
    That people criticize them doesn't mean they are not of equal worth. Except to elitists.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yep, it's a free country and even idiotic speech is protected.
    Protected from what? Nobody is saying he shouldn't be allowed to say idiotic things. They're just saying the things he's saying are idiotic. Something that is also protected by free speech. And the truth lol

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I prefer my football analysis without the side of social agenda.

Following Wentz through the QB draft I discovered there are a lot of ugly agendas out there. Was sorry to learn that some of the stuff I watched previously follows and contributes to that type of thinking.
    Yeah, this is all new to me as well

Though I never plan to click on a Football Gameplan video ever again... I have noticed that Emory is quite enamored with "individual" talent on a team, and seems to value it, while discounting team's that actually play as a team (chemistry, synergy, whatever you want to call it) -- his inability to spot "grit" in both individuals and teams will always make him a third rate analyst with a racist agenda -- not worthy of my time.

I am still kind of shocked that Emory went from a journalist who I enjoyed reading/listening to his stuff even if I did not always agree, to someone who clearly has a racist agenda. I just don't get it. Is this some kind of Ed Schultz/Rob Port strategy? He has doomed himself with the largest fanbase in the college division where he had really carved out a niche.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I am still kind of shocked that Emory went from a journalist who I enjoyed reading/listening to his stuff even if I did not always agree, to someone who clearly has a racist agenda. I just don't get it. Is this some kind of Ed Schultz/Rob Port strategy? He has doomed himself with the largest fanbase in the college division where he had really carved out a niche.
    My guess is it was always there but we didn't see it.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    My guess is it was always there but we didn't see it.
    Emory has always been highly biased. When it comes to the draft he is always pimping small school guys. He was really high on Jensen and MWill. It's fun to read that stuff, but I got turned off a long time ago, because I want to read listen to accurate information not just hype stuff even for guys I'm rooting for. I was shocked when he was so low on Wentz. Small school kid, with actual talent. That seemed right up Hunt's alley as a prospect to hype. Then the black/white quarterbacks stuff comes out and now it makes sense. I could even get on board somewhat with his ideas on quarterbacks if he was just advocating for more use of mobile dual threat quarterbacks, but when you start digging it's black and white. He's high on C Jones who is a pocket guy and low on both Lynch and Wentz who both have athleticism that could be utilized as dual threats. Also was really high on Bridgewater who is a pocket passer.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post

That's been driven from the TOP