Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dylan Miller

Default Re: Dylan Miller

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Miller hasnt shown anything to deserve starting over him. If anything it should be Dex
    Why does everyone get hung up on "starting". Who Cares it means nothing look at minutes played. That is the important number. I have not ever seen us pound it inside the first 4 minutes. Its all about seeing how they are playing our guard offense and getting them going.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Why does everyone get hung up on "starting". Who Cares it means nothing look at minutes played. That is the important number. I have not ever seen us pound it inside the first 4 minutes. Its all about seeing how they are playing our guard offense and getting them going.
    My thoughts exactly. It's also important to note that some players are better off the bench and sometimes there is a rotation that seems to work better.

Because it's normal to start your best players. Starting one of your worst is not how this normally works.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Because it's normal to start your best players. Starting one of your worst is not how this normally works.
    Actually no it isn't, it is more about matchups throughout a game and how people handle coming off the bench and how a coach is going to make sure he has the players he wants in during critical times in a game not just the first 3 minutes.

Coaching is a heck of lot deeper than "starting" your 5 best players.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    This is just not true... think the 90s Bulls not starting Toni Kukoc, the 00s Spurs not starting Manu Ginobli... you set your rotation in the way that best works for your team. Werner is better off the bench, Kading isn't healthy enough for starters minutes this year. Therefore Dylan starts the game. You're a little unrealistically harsh on the merits of his game, but the fact that he's producing is why he's clearly 3rd in minutes amongst the 3 bigs that play.

If I was the coach I'd be handling the big man rotation the exact same way Richman is.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    This is just not true... think the 90s Bulls not starting Toni Kukoc, the 00s Spurs not starting Manu Ginobli... you set your rotation in the way that best works for your team. Werner is better off the bench, Kading isn't healthy enough for starters minutes this year. Therefore Dylan starts the game. You're a little unrealistically harsh on the merits of his game, but the fact that he's producing is why he's clearly 3rd in minutes amongst the 3 bigs that play.

If I was the coach I'd be handling the big man rotation the exact same way Richman is.
    If tonight was any indication me too. I don't think Dylan played tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    If tonight was any indication me too. I don't think Dylan played tonight.
    He only played 2 minutes against Denver at home also and then was back starting. Coach said back then Denver was a bad match up for him back then.

Yeah DU is a perimeter oriented team

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Actually no it isn't, it is more about matchups throughout a game and how people handle coming off the bench and how a coach is going to make sure he has the players he wants in during critical times in a game not just the first 3 minutes.

Coaching is a heck of lot deeper than "starting" your 5 best players.
    Correct. Honestly I believe the reason he starts is because we have our 4 best scorers on the court with him to start the game so we don't need much from him. The reason Dex comes off the bench is because he is the best option for bigs on the offensive end and when guys get into foul trouble or need a break he can come in and provide extra offense when any one of Paul, AJ, Khy or Kory are out of the game. If you notice a lot of Kading's minutes are when the rest of the starting lineup is in the game or he comes in at the 4 for AJ because of the same situation. I'm guessing the reason Kading doesn't start is simply because he is on limited minutes this year but that's just my assumption. This way Dex & Kading are running the bigs rotation when any of our other starters are out of the game and Dylan is on the floor when our other 4 starters are running the offense. I think Richman has it right, he is the head coach after all I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Correct. Honestly I believe the reason he starts is because we have our 4 best scorers on the court with him to start the game so we don't need much from him. The reason Dex comes off the bench is because he is the best option for bigs on the offensive end and when guys get into foul trouble or need a break he can come in and provide extra offense when any one of Paul, AJ, Khy or Kory are out of the game. If you notice a lot of Kading's minutes are when the rest of the starting lineup is in the game or he comes in at the 4 for AJ because of the same situation. I'm guessing the reason Kading doesn't start is simply because he is on limited minutes this year but that's just my assumption. This way Dex & Kading are running the bigs rotation when any of our other starters are out of the game and Dylan is on the floor when our other 4 starters are running the offense. I think Richman has it right, he is the head coach after all I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing.
    This ^^^^^^^^

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com