Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dylan Miller

Default Re: Dylan Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    IMO he should not have played at all this year but we probably needed another big with Kadings injuries. He should not be a starter. He just doesn't seem to have any energy, no offensive game and his defense is lacking. The coaches should think about starting Kading or Werner.
    I think that if Chris Kading had not had 2 hip and 1 shoulder surgery in the off season that we may have seen Dylan Miller redshirting.
    That said if you ever listen to Coach Richman talk about him in the post games he says Dylan Miller is a work in progress.

There was no chance Dylan Miller redshirted, regardless of how Kading's health was.

I dont think it'd fair to criticize an 18 year old true freshman. I think he has some great potential. He will only improve.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I know we need bodies but he should have redshirted with the benefit of hindsight obviously, which Richman doesn't have that luxury.. IMO he is still trying to figure everything out. It looks to me like he has no idea how to position his body on both the offense and defense (he's a little further ahead offensively IMO). I will say, and this is just my humble uneducated completely observant opinion, but he does not play hard or tough at all. The game seems to move way too fast for him and his lack of hustle up and down the court is baffling. I think the biggest thing for me is I'm completely perplexed on why he starts. Moreso, why he starts, and then doesn't see the court much at all after the first 6 minutes that he plays. Why not use his minutes during the middle portion of the game to give Werner/Kading a break. That makes no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I dont think it'd fair to criticize an 18 year old true freshman. I think he has some great potential. He will only improve.
    I try not to criticize when I post of him. I get he's a freshman and he's trying to figure everything out and it takes some longer than others. I think it's fair in saying I can't imagine he has come along like the coaching staff would have hoped. The only thing for me that gets frustrating with watching him is things he can control, like hustle and fighting after loose balls and going after rebounds, he doesn't do. I'm not sure yet if he's just a player that lacks those things. Sometimes when the game is moving to fast for an athlete they get stuck trying to think and being tentative and haven't turned that "go time" switch on. He is a skilled bigman that could be really good if the game could slow down for him and he can just react and play, which it hopefully will in time.

No problem with him playing, just dont understand why he's starting. I get that its usually Kading or Dex in at the end of games. What did Kading do to deserve losing a starting spot? Dex is a little undersized, but a better player as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    . What did Kading do to deserve losing a starting spot?
    3 times under the knife in the off season. He is gutting it out but he is not near as productive or playing as close to the rim or as athletically as he used to. He is giving us valuable minutes off the bench though for both center and guards.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Not criticising just discussing. Just don't think he should be a starter yet. I'm hoping he improves and can be a solid player for us.

I think Kading has turnd into a really good defender. He's very good on his man and he's real good at help defense. He's aware of everything around him and in front. I don't think he's turned into the kind of offensive player we were hoping for but he has been a big part of why our defense is so good inside, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    3 times under the knife in the off season. He is gutting it out but he is not near as productive or playing as close to the rim or as athletically as he used to. He is giving us valuable minutes off the bench though for both center and guards.
    Miller hasnt shown anything to deserve starting over him. If anything it should be Dex