Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Miller

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Scott Miller Has Passed Away

Quote Originally Posted by Answer Guy View Post
    Melanoma is a nasty way to go. RIP, Mr. Miller.
    Yep, I know a little more than I care to about Malanoma. I didn't know Scott had been battling it til recently. RIP Mr Miller and thanks for the memories.

Perhaps the answer to my question is common knowledge but I was thinking about this on my drive to my meetings today, how and when did 'My Oh My' originate? My guess is that it came about organically and it stuck, but wasn't sure.

Man, this just sucks.
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

Quote Originally Posted by EPBison View Post
    Perhaps the answer to my question is common knowledge but I was thinking about this on my drive to my meetings today, how and when did 'My Oh My' originate? My guess is that it came about organically and it stuck, but wasn't sure.

Man, this just sucks.
    I didn't always listen to the radio, but one of the first times I remember hearing it was the Cal-Poly come back game in...06?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I didn't always listen to the radio, but one of the first times I remember hearing it was the Cal-Poly come back game in...06?
    . . . .but when I do, I prefer Scott Miller.

I worked for NDSU as an intern for a year, talked to Scotty a few times. Just a great humble down to earth guy. So sad to see him go so young, I grew up listening to him call Bison games it won't be the same listening to anybody else. Just a sad day.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by EPBison View Post

Man, this just sucks.
    My hunch is it was a saying used by at least one of his parents or his family in general and it stuck with him.

Similar to some here who post/say "My goodness" often.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Default Re: RIP Scott Miller -Voice of the BIZUN

Quote Originally Posted by rabidrabbit View Post
    http://www.inforum.com/news/3955847-...-bison-dies-57

Saw this posted at SDSUfans.com, and shook this Rabbit up. His passion and call of the NDSU games will be sorely missed. My heart goes out to his Family, and the Bison fans.

Respectfully,
    RabidRabbit
    Very solid of you. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Default Re: Scott Miller

Scottie's words on the pregame videos for bison football always set the table perfectly.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I moved away from Fargo in mid 1995. I had been a die hard NDSU FB fan for the better part of 12 years by that time. Because I was so far away, I naturally drifted from my connection with the program. As technology improved my ability to listen to/watch games remotely, Scotty totally reeled me back in. He's fully responsible for my re-connection to this remarkable program. His passion and excitement, and the clear love that he had for his craft, made me feel like and integral part of the moment. Every. Single. Time. Scotty was talking to ME all these times. He knew I needed him.

I remember so many games that I watched via webcast. They used the video from those shitty little screens in the corners of the FFD and overlaid the radio guys for audio. Frankly, it couldn't have been much more perfect...even with the poor picture quality. For away games, I'd buy the opposing team's webcast and still overlay Scotty and Phil for audio. Even when ESPN3 came into the picture, I would often pull Scotty back in because HE made it special for me.

I'm sitting in my office here in Portland with my staff all around me and I am actually a bit self-conscious about how much this affects me.

Scotty was one in a million.

MY OH MY.
    Insert something clever here...

This sucks. TSCF called it, it feels weird to admit that this loss hurts because I never knew the guy, but man, my emotions rose and fell on the tenor of his voice for many Saturdays. Damn, I'll miss that guy.

I hope the new person they get to call the games finds a way to pay tribute to Scottie during the broadcast. Maybe using "My oh my" every now and then, or something. Either way, I'll be looking for it.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery