Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: School song

Default Re: School song

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Someone was offended. They put it in the confidential racial bias submission format to the presidents office.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Or they were a concerned citizen who was doing their pc duty.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I'll bet some F'awker had something to do with it.

I always thought Thunderstruck was the school song.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    We've got some parody lyrical genius's around here who could probably come up with something relevant to the tune of "Fields of Gold" by Gordon Sumner. That tune is about the right pace and vibe for an alma mater and you wouldn't have to change the title.
    That song begs to be sped up at least 100% (like in the movie That Thing That You Do)... the song is so slow that I can't keep the melody in my head. Note: I just tried this on YouTube... even sped up to 2x, it's still pretty slow.

Why not replace the third verse with a transition into something completely different like they do in BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY? Let our concert choir rock out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Or they were a concerned citizen who was doing their pc duty.
    I am sure you are right, but we will never know for sure. It was confidential.

The third verse has certainty outgrown its purpose as contextually it is all wrong, but like said before, if NDSU had just internally put it out there to quit using that verse in any publication and it was no longer part of the song because it is archaic, no one would have cared. It is always about the process.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I sang in the Concert Choir in the 60's. We only sang the first verse like everyone else. Did not know until this evening when a friend showed me the verses that I knew that there were more. It was written by Minard. Maybe they should take down the building for him being so insensitive!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    That song begs to be sped up at least 100% (like in the movie That Thing That You Do)... the song is so slow that I can't keep the melody in my head. Note: I just tried this on YouTube... even sped up to 2x, it's still pretty slow.
    That's a huge grip I have with the song. While it's not meant to be played fast, it's a killer when it's played slow. (think of The Star Spangled Banner)

To quote Dr. Olfert: "It's not a dirge."
    I'm coo-coo for Coco's puffs!

WWTFSMD?

Do not speak of that of about which we talk of not speaking... about.

Real men wear aprons. 2Be1Ask1

For those wondering about no mention of Germans... Feel free to look up where Saxony is...
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by DORMIE View Post
    I sang in the Concert Choir in the 60's. We only sang the first verse like everyone else. Did not know until this evening when a friend showed me the verses that I knew that there were more. It was written by Minard. Maybe they should take down the building for him being so insensitive!!!!!
    Come on, it's not like he threw birthday parties for Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    For those wondering about no mention of Germans... Feel free to look up where Saxony is...
    Don't be a dumb ass. Perhaps I should rephrase that... this crabbiness is one of the reasons I know it's time to turn this site over to somebody else... that's almost an apology, but not quite

Saxon is not a synonym for German. That would be Teuton or, if you are Benjamin Franklin, maybe "Palatine boors."
    Last edited by tony; 02-25-2016 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    I would really like a new song.

Maybe something techno-80's.
    Synth-rock that bad boy
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant