Thread: 970 AM Kolpack & Izzo

Default 970 AM Kolpack & Izzo

Discussing tournament brackets...doesn't sound like change for next year other than a little more avoidance of early round rematches.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Default Re: 970 AM Kolpack & Izzo

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Discussing tournament brackets...doesn't sound like change for next year other than a little more avoidance of early round rematches.
    Did I hear correctly a mention of a possible impact to seeding to make early round rematch avoidance happen? Hope it doesn't become a careful what you wish for.

They said they would try to avoid pairing seeded teams from same conference. How about not throwing every team from same conference in same area? Why should seeding change?

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    There must have been enough complaining to take another look.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    They said they would try to avoid pairing seeded teams from same conference. How about not throwing every team from same conference in same area? Why should seeding change?
    I thought they said that seeding may be impacted by this change. May need to re-listen.

Assumption is if there is a 2/3 situation like NDSU ill state last year may use the vague rules as reasoning for seeding.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    I thought they said that seeding may be impacted by this change. May need to re-listen.

Assumption is if there is a 2/3 situation like NDSU ill state last year may use the vague rules as reasoning for seeding.

What? Seriously? No longer going to use the quality loss rationale to move the auto bid for the conference down?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    What? Seriously? No longer going to use the quality loss rationale to move the auto bid for the conference down?
    I wonder if some of the conference tie-breakers aren't set up to award the auto-bid to the poorer team? It would make it more likely for the conference to secure an extra bid.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I wonder if some of the conference tie-breakers aren't set up to award the auto-bid to the poorer team? It would make it more likely for the conference to secure an extra bid.
    I thought one of the conferences (Southland maybe?) has one of the later tie-break criteria that it goes to the team that has gone the longest without a conference title.

ETA: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/show...-rules-defined

This link from AGS has the info I was thinking of, but the link they provide in the post appears to be dead.
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU