Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Tournament Seeding Projection

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Summit Tournament Seeding Projection

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Update:
    Big game today for the battle of 7 and 8 seeds between Denver and USD. Not a ton of change in standings and match ups. ORU has moved ahead of Denver for the 6 seed. USD can also officially eliminate WIU from Sioux Falls with a win today over Denver.

Current Standings:

IPFW 11-3
    SDSU 10-4
    Omaha 9-6
    NDSU 8-6
    IUPUI 8-6
    ORU 6-8
    Denver 5-9
    USD 4-9
    WIU 2-12

Current Seeding/Matchups

1. IPFW vs 8. USD
    4. NDSU vs 5. IUPUI

2. SDSU vs 7. Denver
    3. Omaha vs 6. ORU

I wouldnt mind seeing USD leap frog Denver for the 7 seed.
    With how wide open the tournament is this year it's definitely going to be all about matchups and as of right now it's setting up pretty well for us. Hopefully after things play out this week we can sit on that 4 line with IPFW at 1 and have SDSU and Omaha on the other side of the bracket. I think that gives us the best chance to win, I agree I wish USD would've been able to jump over Denver but after losing head to head last night that won't happen. I do think IPFW will handle USD though and so an IUPUI and IPFW lineup to the championship game does give us our best shot. We still have to put the games together and play but as far as matchups go that's about the best we can hope for. Either way it should be a hell of a tournament and as long as we get out of the first round I'll be fairly satisfied but damn I'd love to storm the court again.

There doesn't seem to be much of a chance the Bison aren't in that #4/#5 game based on what would need to happen to get higher than that. These are the scenarios for NDSU as far as I can tell for something other than the #4/#5 seed.

• The Bison are the #2 seed if they sweep on the road @SDSU and @Denver this week, SDSU gets swept at home by NDSU and ORU, and Omaha loses their finale vs ORU.
    • The Bison are the #3 seed if they sweep on the road @SDSU and @Denver this week, SDSU gets swept at home by NDSU and ORU, and Omaha wins their finale vs ORU (Omaha wins the 3 way tie-breaker for #2 with SDSU and NDSU by virtue of a 3-1 record against those teams - NDSU would be 2-2 and SDSU would be 1-3).
    • They can't fall any lower than the #5 seed since ORU, the current #6 seed and only team that can catch them, was swept by IPFW while NDSU split with them and since the Dons can't finish any lower #2 NDSU gets the tie breaker with ORU based on that.

Team Rankings has us as 2nd highest % to win conference tourney:

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncb/con...eague-bracket/

Big slate of games on Thursday.

USD vs IUPUI- Go Yotes! Would like to keep IUPUI in the 4/5 seed and keep SDSU and Omaha on the same side!

ORU vs Omaha- Go Mavericks, a win for Omaha locks up at worst a 3 seed for Omaha.

NDSU vs SDSU- OBV...GO BISON!

IPFW vs WIU- Go Don's, puts the Necks out of Business and continue to maintain the 1 seed!

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post

A distant 2nd. Pressures on SDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post

If Miller is back and relatively healthy, I can buy it.

We are the best defensive team, always gives us a shot to grind a game out against anyone.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

It appears Miller is a no go for Thursday night in Brookings.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Were going to be the 4 or 5 seed regardless. Lets just get healthy and go from there.

USD won at IUPUI 85-82 which is great news for the Bison. We need Omaha to win at home against ORU (currently leading by 5 at the half) and it's very likely #1 IPFW with a tough quarterfinal matchup in Sioux Falls against #8 USD and NDSU/IUPUI in the #4/#5 game. SDSU and Omaha would both on the other side of the bracket with Denver and ORU.

Go Mavs!

Omaha up 7 late...would be big if the Mavs get the win.

IPFW up by 5 at half.