Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm moving on

Default I'm moving on

After, I don't know, let's say 16 years, it's time for me to hand the keys to the 'Ville over to somebody else, assuming that there is a party willing to take them. I don't have a timetable other than it should be after BisonTeacher gets his t-shirts and before I go on safari this summer (during which I will almost undoubted be bitten in half by a hippo or something.)

Personally, I'd prefer the new mayor to be somebody who has a deep and unshakable attachment to NDSU, but understand that to generate revenue, the new owners would probably want to run message boards for more than one school.

The advantages to the community would be better tech, better social media integration, better ability to deal with high traffic, less personality-driven (*cough* Joel Heitkamp is a double-talking douchebag *cough*), more posters, and probably a lot of stuff I haven't even thought about.

On the personal side, this would allow me to experiment with my hobby (the fan guide) which I could slap onto Azure and make into a web app with graphs and shite. Already got the data into sql server and all entity framework-ed up so I'm 1% there.)

Any stipulations or concerns? (that don't involve drama.)

Default Re: I'm moving on

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    After, I don't know, let's say 16 years, it's time for me to hand the keys to the 'Ville over to somebody else, assuming that there is a party willing to take them. I don't have a timetable other than it should be after BisonTeacher gets his t-shirts and before I go on safari this summer (during which I will almost undoubted be bitten in half by a hippo or something.)

Personally, I'd prefer the new mayor to be somebody who has a deep and unshakable attachment to NDSU, but understand that to generate revenue, the new owners would probably want to run message boards for more than one school.

The advantages to the community would be better tech, better social media integration, better ability to deal with high traffic, less personality-driven (*cough* Joel Heitkamp is a double-talking douchebag *cough*), more posters, and probably a lot of stuff I haven't even thought about.

On the personal side, this would allow me to experiment with my hobby (the fan guide) which I could slap onto Azure and make into a web app with graphs and shite. Already got the data into sql server and all entity framework-ed up so I'm 1% there.)

Any stipulations or concerns? (that don't involve drama.)
    No. You must stay.
    Hate clowns but like elves.
    Also like animal interaction stories.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    No. You must stay.
    I agree. Doesn't look like tony has a vote in this.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

How much do you want!!

I want to buy it from you !!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I nominate Lakes to run the board but only if he agrees to keep Tony's ban of himself in place.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thank you for your time, dedication to this site, and most importantly putting up with the immaturity that is inherent to athletics in general. I'm not on here a lot anymore, kids and business and life, etc... get in the way but it still pops up as one of my most frequented sites on my chrome homepage and I do love reading what is going on with Bison Nation, even if it is a train wreck.

Appreciate it! And good luck with the other projects.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft-living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life...

TONY! NO!!!!

My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

No. You must stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I agree. Doesn't look like tony has a vote in this.
    I third this. Don't go Tony.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    I third this. Don't go Tony.
    We promise to be good...
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

We promise to be good...
    There you go lying to the guy. It's all your fault.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]