Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Iowa tickets

Default Re: Iowa tickets

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    So youre just a rude and lack manners.
    What if he's wearing yellow? Or what if he has Pat Simmers on the line while they complain?

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

I didnt say you cant stand.
    So because its an away game you stand all game regardless if you are effecting the game day experience of those behind you?
    In general terms, because its an away game, yes I care a little less about the people behind me. Its much like people and the internet you see - I won't see them again probably ever. That said, if someone showed up to the game who obviously had phyiscal ailments behind me, I might sit *a little more often*

But its a football game. People *will* be on their feet, and getting mad at them about it is about as crotchety as a person can get.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    What if he's wearing yellow? Or what if he has Pat Simmers on the line while they complain?
    Nice!!! i've actually been communicating with PS so I've got to be in someone's good graces!

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

For those of us that were there, I do vividly recall that I was standing the entire time (except for halftime) at ALL games in Frisco. So were all of those fans that I could see anywhere near around me. The same was the case at Iowa State. I myself wasn't at Kansas State, but I would guess it would be pretty much the same thing there. And I certainly don't expect anything different in Iowa.

Now......Frisco, of course, is a de facto home game, so that's a bit of a different animal right there. The FBS observation and experience probably depends on if you are in the NDSU allotment or not. Not sure what the dynamics would be if you're in the home team's section at an FBS game.

I suppose someone (a Bison fan even) might be a little concerned that another Bison fan is going to stand the whole time, right in front of their Iowa season tickets! What delicious irony!

Unfortunately, I don't see much sympathy being extended on such a situation..............from a NDSU chatboard!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

No way Bison loaf could stand for an entire game. He'd collapse first.

Lardsin must go!

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    No way Bison loaf could stand for an entire game. He'd collapse first.
    When it comes to the Bison......... I'm still capable of upping my game during select moments. Admittedly, however, the alcohol (in moderation of course ) helps immensely!

Besides, in these situations, there isn't much choice. You either stand and see the game............or sit and stare into people's butts.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Tatanka quality stuff right there.....

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    56bison73 is unique. In every thread he goes off on someone for anything he can find. If he doesn't like this response he is going to call me names, then how dumb I , rinse wash repeat.
    Ive been pretty consistent on my views about people standing just because they can with out regard to the fans behind them. I find that behavior rude. Just because you bought a ticket and are at a sporting event it doesnt give you the right to effect somebody elses game day experience. Does being at a sporting event mean you just forget about common courtesy and manners?
    EX--a couple of years ago at Frisco a dad and small daughter were in front of us stand all the time. Except the daughter was standing on the seat. So she was really blocking our view and were clueless. The stadium staff saw her standing on her seat and told them that was a no-no. Now the girl couldnt see the game. So we offered them our seats so she could see the game. There werent any problems with our view now because the people in front of us knew when it was appropriate to stand. And they could stand all game because there wasnt anyone behind them. We could have ignored their situation because---WE CAN--- but we didnt. See how that works?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Tatanka quality stuff right there.....
    Who?

ten char

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTech View Post
    In general terms, because its an away game, yes I care a little less about the people behind me. Its much like people and the internet you see - I won't see them again probably ever. That said, if someone showed up to the game who obviously had phyiscal ailments behind me, I might sit *a little more often*

But its a football game. People *will* be on their feet, and getting mad at them about it is about as crotchety as a person can get.
    Again you miss the point. Of course people will be on their and I expect it.

In regards to the above---that says more about you than I could ever say.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."