Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Iowa tickets

Default Re: Iowa tickets

I received my invoice for my Iowa season tickets today. NDSU is on the schedule.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    How is that different than my comment? Casual fan sees it as a gimme.....
    No big deal. I just took your comment to mean you think that the Iowa administration and football staff is taking the game lightly, which I don't think is the case. They're just reacting to the perceptions of their fans.

Hey, let's all hope they take us lightly. Good !!! In fact, a couple of weeks before the game, someone should spread a rumor on their board that half of the o line is suspended for that game for some fictitious reason. Wouldn't that be a hoot !!!!!
    Last edited by southcliffbison; 02-18-2016 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Hey, let's all hope they take us lightly. Good !!! In fact, a couple of weeks before they game, someone should spread a rumor on their board that half of the o line is suspended for that game for some fictitious reason. Wouldn't that be a hoot !!!!!
    I'd go with........................"we've lost our stud QB to the NFL...........we're f*cked!!"

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Hey, let's all hope they take us lightly. Good !!! In fact, a couple of weeks before they game, someone should spread a rumor on their board that half of the o line is suspended for that game for some fictitious reason. Wouldn't that be a hoot !!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    I'd go with........................"we've lost our stud QB to the NFL...........we're f*cked!!"
    Reminds of Iowa State a couple of years ago. We were tailgating amongst a throng of Cyclone fans and while talking with a couple of them, noticed how unconfident they were in general as a fanbase.

So one guy says he doesn't feel good at all about the game today and "you guys (NDSU) are going to beat us." Trying to be good guests and talk these young fellas down from the ledge, I say " No, no now. I think it's going to be a good game. We lost 25 seniors from last year, you know." One guy gets a hopeful look on his face as says, "You lost 25 starters from last year? Maybe we WILL win today then!"

Well, first of all, I don't know HOW you actually lose 25 starters (maybe include special teams?) and certainly alcohol was a factor in everyone's thought processes, but I then had to open my big mouth and reverse all my good psychological repair by saying, "Well no. We lost 25 SENIORS, they weren't ALL starters. I think we've got about 14 starters back."

The guy's face fell in an instant. "You've got 14 starters back this year?!! .........................Oh, sh&t!! We're screwed!"

.............and of course, these Cyclone fans ended up being right!

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    I think they just know the casual fan (which probably makes up 3/4 of most fanbases) sees NDSU on the schedule and thinks patsy and loses interest. You're right about our potential crowd though. It's a 70,000 seat stadium that they had a tough time getting to 90% attendance with a 12-0 regular season. I would expect demand to be up, but I think there will be plenty of single game tickets available through Iowa, as well as tons available on the secondary market from Iowa season ticket holders who will think this game will be a blowout.

90% is quite generous for Eastern Iowa University attendance last year. I doubt if they even had 90% sales, let alone attendance. Looking forward to the invasion of the Bison.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Reminds of Iowa State a couple of years ago. We were tailgating amongst a throng of Cyclone fans and while talking with a couple of them, noticed how unconfident they were in general as a fanbase.

So one guy says he doesn't feel good at all about the game today and "you guys (NDSU) are going to beat us." Trying to be good guests and talk these young fellas down from the ledge, I say " No, no now. I think it's going to be a good game. We lost 25 seniors from last year, you know." One guy gets a hopeful look on his face as says, "You lost 25 starters from last year? Maybe we WILL win today then!"

Well, first of all, I don't know HOW you actually lose 25 starters (maybe include special teams?) and certainly alcohol was a factor in everyone's thought processes, but I then had to open my big mouth and reverse all my good psychological repair by saying, "Well no. We lost 25 SENIORS, they weren't ALL starters. I think we've got about 14 starters back."

The guy's face fell in an instant. "You've got 14 starters back this year?!! .........................Oh, sh&t!! We're screwed!"

.............and of course, these Cyclone fans ended up being right!

You have won more national championships in football than Iowa State has gone to bowls! We find ways to lose at football.

Yet still have great tailgating.

For the record, I wasn't the Cyclone fan in the story. I predicted an Iowa State win all the way and my memory was erased of anything after we got the 14-0 lead.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    You have won more national championships in football than Iowa State has gone to bowls! We find ways to lose at football.

Yet still have great tailgating.

For the record, I wasn't the Cyclone fan in the story. I predicted an Iowa State win all the way and my memory was erased of anything after we got the 14-0 lead.
    Fun tailgate and nice people. I have no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Fun tailgate and nice people. I have no complaints.
    And Superdog Carts!

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    That was a hell of a buzz kill, but thankfully things improved! BTW, I bet a lot of Clone fans probably don't understand the NFL talent who beat them that day; no reason to hang your head on that game in retrospect. (Crockett, Wentz, and Emmanuel were all huge that game.)