Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Carolina Panthers = Jax State/SHSU in Frisco

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carolina Panthers = Jax State/SHSU in Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    You are correct Rockbear, but how about the St. Louis Rams or Colts or even the late 90's Broncos. We could go back and forth on this as there were years when great offensive teams won it as well. So this proves "Offenses win Championships" . It is completely overblown. Even the Giants team that beat the Bills did it by having their Offense play keep away with the explosive Bills offense by running the play clock down. Sound familiar.
    As I mentioned before, the Colts Super Bowl win was due largely to a great run by their defense in the playoffs. Their offense was great for 12 wins every regular season, but when they faced a good defense in the playoffs, they were beat. It was unending frustration for fans, especially with Dungy as the coach. If you have a good defense and a weak offense you stand a chance in any game. If you have a weak defense and a good offense, you are much more susceptible to losing, especially in the playoffs. The Colts second Super Bowl run they played good defense in the playoffs, but then lost to New Orleans because their defense could not make a stop when needed.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I was really just more giving you shit than anything, although I am a big believer that teams with very good defenses stand a better chance of winning more games than not.

In fact, I told my girlfriend (huge Broncos fan) several times before SB50 "don't underestimate the Broncos' defensive" in response to her saying she wasn't very confident.
    I figured u were. Plus who can trust a defensive player anyway in this argument.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    You are obviously very young or buy into sayings very easily cause most of the champions in the 80's or 90's had a better offense than defense besides the Giants teams. If defense won championships why did the Bears win ONE. Funny thing is they were beat by the west coast offense in the 49ers. Now all of these teams were great teams that won in the 80's and 90's and had very good defenses. My point is a great team wins championships. So you want credibility. How about Rams, Packers, 49ers, Broncos, Saints, Colts. By the way the teams that had great defenses were helped out immensely by great special teams as well.
    Prove it. You internet puds that constantly make shit up and presenting it as fact fatigue me. Prove it. Provide data instead of your bullshit commentary that you offer as fact is so yesterday. You are the one trying to dispel it, so come up with the fact. I'm waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Prove it. You internet puds that constantly make shit up and presenting it as fact fatigue me. Prove it. Provide data instead of your bullshit commentary that you offer as fact is so yesterday. You are the one trying to dispel it, so come up with the fact. I'm waiting...
    Did you do this for your side of the argument? No I didn't read every post.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

More specifically, line play wins championships. Broncos DL dominated the Pats and did well vs Panthers!

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Seriously, you must have a problem. Go look at the article that was posted one page before you start calling people names as it provides lots of detail and you obviously haven't read what I posted. Great Teams win titles. Every once in a while a great defensive team wins a title and every once in a while a great offensive team wins a title. I even said #1 rated offensive teams are 8-6 and number rated defensive teams are 10-2. Go look up the facts yourself before you start making stuff up.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Defense wins championships: Carolina's defense ranked 4th in total defense. Denver ranked 9th.
    Source: http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

They didn't beat us...even Cam Newton said the opposite in his postgame whining.
    Source: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...e-comments-nfl

Sorry, I think your post is just nonsense.
    Too bad your data is also incorrect

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team?season...=REG&Submit=Go

I agree that sCam Newton (no that's not a typo) stated they got beat but he did say it was because of things they didn't do, not just the fact that Von Miller spent as much time in the Carolina backfield as Tolbert.

Carolina didn't pass block very well

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    Too bad your data is also incorrect

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team?season...=REG&Submit=Go

I agree that sCam Newton (no that's not a typo) stated they got beat but he did say it was because of things they didn't do, not just the fact that Von Miller spent as much time in the Carolina backfield as Tolbert.

Denver's #1 defense was pretty darn good this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    Denver's #1 defense was pretty darn good this year.
    Except when the Steelers played them in Pittsburgh. Denver should send Burfict a Super Bowl ring.
    College of Business Alumnus