Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Hayden Zillmer

Default Re: Hayden Zillmer

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Iran guy was ranked #6 in the world and Hayden wrapped his weekend up by knocking off a 2018 World Bronze medalist from Japan.

The tough thing for Hayden, is you could make an argument that he is top 10 in the world at 92kg after this weekend, but he has very little shot at making the Olympics.

J'Den Cox is the reigning World champ at 92kg for the USA and he's likely to bump up to 97 kg for the Olympics (which Hayden will likely do too) where reigning Olympic champ and multiple time World champ Kyle Snyder is.

If Hayden wants to go greco again, I think that gives him the best chance at the Olympics. However, Ge'Angelo Hancock is at 98kg and he has won several medals this year and has been the best greco athlete in the US.
    FYI, J'Den is going down to 86 KG for the Olympic year.

Hayden's best chance at making an Olympic or World Team would be Greco. If he focused Greco-Roman full time, he would be beating G'Angelo. Before Hayden made the semi-switch to Freestyle, G'Angelo was contemplating a move to 130 KG from a conversation I had with his coach.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Hayden finishes with a Silver at the Intercontinental Cup last weekend in Russia.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Hayden finishes with a Silver at the Intercontinental Cup last weekend in Russia.

Why did the Russian get a point around the 7:10 mark?

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Can View Post
    Stalling, not sure though? I saw several gestures in the minute prior that were on blue wrist band, indicating something was up that the ref was indicating to Zillmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Can View Post
    He didn't. He got a warning for holding on to Hayden's wrist and stalling/being passive (one point by the mat official is signaled by a thumb and not an index finger). The last point was scored at the 5:30 mark with a Zillmer stepping out and giving Rasul Magomedov his third point.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Hayden takes on Kollin Moore this afternoon for the U.S. Nationals Championship!
    Hail the BISON!!!

I'm assuming this is freestyle or greco?

Any chance the Olympics would ever consider adding folkstyle? Or is that purely an American thing?

I hated freestyle and Greco. Practically entirely different sports.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post

Any chance the Olympics would ever consider adding folkstyle? Or is that purely an American thing?

Hayden is wrestling freestyle.

Folkstyle will never be an Olympic discipline. You have to keep in mind that every country pretty much has their own version. We have our scholastic/collegiate style while Russia has sambo, Nordic countries have sawdust wrestling, African countries have sand/beach wrestling, the Turks have that weird oil, half-pant wrestling thing, etc.

When bringing in FILA (now called UWW) to our NCAA National Championships, instead of talking about the size of the crowd, they complained about why were we awarding wrestlers for doing nothing on top (riding time). Our style does not fit the European way of thinking.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post

Blasphemy! I will suplex you into submission until you take it back.

ZILLMER!!!

Awesome comeback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!