Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Hayden Zillmer

Default Re: Hayden Zillmer

Baran is a multiple time Euro medalist, was the 8 seed here, and had beaten Nick Gwiazdowksi before, so that was a very good win.

Geno is a 3 time world champ, but Hayden definitely has a shot. In their only previous meeting, Hayden had some well timed shots to get out to the lead and very nearly had another that would have potentially put the match away. Keys will be holding center, timing his shots well, and keeping the feet moving. Geno caught him flat footed last time

Match should be 45-60 minutes away

Here we go

Hayden loses 9-4. Just gotta get on the offense sooner. Geno looked great too.

On the bright side, Hayden has a very realistic path to a world bronze medal

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Hayden loses 9-4. Just gotta get on the offense sooner. Geno looked great too.

On the bright side, Hayden has a very realistic path to a world bronze medal
    Nevermind. Geno Petriashvilli was upset in the semifinals and as a result, Hayden won't get a shot at wrestling for a bronze.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Nevermind. Geno Petriashvilli was upset in the semifinals and as a result, Hayden won't get a shot at wrestling for a bronze.
    That's too bad, but going 2-1 at the world championships is nothing to sneeze at. I'm not sure that Hayden has peaked quite yet.

I don't think I'm ever going to see how using repechage is better than having double-elimination wrestlebacks for these international events.