Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signing Day Hangover: 2016 edition

Default Signing Day Hangover: 2016 edition

I wonder what it's like for these HS kids who have had programs fawning over them for months and months and now that signing day is over, it's like "Hey, where did everybody go?" It must be quite a shock (and maybe a bit of a relief for some.)

On Bisonville, recruits go from being talked about constantly to only being talked about when, say, we update their page for their performances in another sport. Unless there's talk about playing them as true freshmen or they are blowing up on the scout team, it might the 2017 (or even 2018) spring game before we hear about them.

As a reminder, here is the 2015 recruiting summary:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...uiting-Summary

Looking forward to the spring game.

Default Re: Signing Day Hangover: 2016 edition

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I wonder what it's like for these HS kids who have had programs fawning over them for months and months and now that signing day is over, it's like "Hey, where did everybody go?" It must be quite a shock (and maybe a bit of a relief for some.)

On Bisonville, recruits go from being talked about constantly to only being talked about when, say, we update their page for their performances in another sport. Unless there's talk about playing them as true freshmen or they are blowing up on the scout team, it might the 2017 (or even 2018) spring game before we hear about them.

As a reminder, here is the 2015 recruiting summary:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...uiting-Summary

Looking forward to the spring game.
    True dat. Thinking about redshirt freshman, they kind of fall off the radar for a year. Now in position to get playing time, making large contributions. Their world will again back in the spotlight.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

What will be the best competition battles during spring ball. I think there will be a lot of good competition for CB. Like the way Allison has played and think if they move Dempsey back to corner we could have two lock down corners. That would also free up a spot to move Kelley to SS and grimsley at FS. Have Dakota Reid and Davis for the slot corner.

Now that we have spent much time focusing on individuals........new recruits, Carson, Haeg, Vraa, etc. it is time to recognize the rest of the guys that make this Bison team great. I am talking about the starters and back ups that rarely get their name called out, but do a great job without any special recognition (i.e. O lineman). How about the special team players that sacrifice their body on each change of possession, and the practice squad guys that never see the field on game day. What about the walk on players that give their best shot to find a place on the roster, or secure a scholarship, and never get it. All of these guys raise the level of play at NDSU and contribute to the success of the program. Just wanted to take a moment to recognize them, because the TEAM is what wins national championships, not the efforts of one or a few. Even with all the excitement over individual skills Bison Nation must not forget to appreciate the entire team. We all need to be reminded:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison, And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Now that we have spent much time focusing on individuals........new recruits, Carson, Haeg, Vraa, etc. it is time to recognize the rest of the guys that make this Bison team great. I am talking about the starters and back ups that rarely get their name called out, but do a great job without any special recognition (i.e. O lineman). How about the special team players that sacrifice their body on each change of possession, and the practice squad guys that never see the field on game day. What about the walk on players that give their best shot to find a place on the roster, or secure a scholarship, and never get it. All of these guys raise the level of play at NDSU and contribute to the success of the program. Just wanted to take a moment to recognize them, because the TEAM is what wins national championships, not the efforts of one or a few. Even with all the excitement over individual skills Bison Nation must not forget to appreciate the entire team. We all need to be reminded:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison, And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.
    Great post SD. I couldn't agree more.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Yes, great post. Lots of unsung heroes on the team.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post

Ditto.................

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well, it's easy to say recognize the TEAM---when others ignore

BUT understand football is the ultimate TEAM game ALWAYS---shouldn't need someone to say that

EVERYONE MATTERS because EVERYONE CONTRIBUTES to the overall success---sometimes its just harder for those redshirts or walkons to feel appreciated or realize it....but I KNOW I DO

KEEP BUSTING YOURS SO YOU CAN BUST OUR OPPONENTS

GO BISON

Excited to see lots of last year's class. In no particular order. Dom Davis. Purifoy. Jaxon Brown. Hubbs. Darnell. Ellefson. Zack Johnson. Carlton. All the linebackers look impressive. Marquis Bridges. Damn the future is bright.

Also cant wait to see some of the year before kids who are now men and will get a shot. Like Dakota Reid, Cenescar, and Blake Williams. That class already has some huge contributors like Stick, RJ, Menard, Allison and young developing talent, and I'm excited to see how they progress.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Is it time for the spring game yet? Less than a month after the natty and I am already anxious to start watching next year's team develop.