Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gene says thanks but no thanks!

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Gene says thanks but no thanks!

According this article it appears that UND's Buning is begging for a game with the Bison but Taylor says Thanks but no thanks! *Way to go Gene!! *

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/ind...section=Sports
    A human fart can be louder THAN A TUBA, I discovered that at my daughters school concert.

Default Re: Gene says thanks but no thanks!

I heard from a friend (Sioux supporter) that a D1 announcement is coming soon. He said that they will be going D1.

“We offered out a golden olive branch and they refused it,” Taylor said. “Then they turn around completely. There are still some people that do not want it to happen. To say it is never going to happen is probably unrealistic. I don’t think never is the right answer. But whether it’s one, two or three years from now, I can’t say.”

Good for Gene. He's standing by his principles.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by bisongold
    I heard from a friend (Sioux supporter) that a D1 announcement is coming soon. * He said that they will *be going D1. *
    Oh well... At least the GWFC will get its 6th member.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

broke_back_mnt Guest

“I know that Tom wants to play it,” Taylor said. “We’ve had some good conversations. But we’ve got to see what happens with the conference issue. If we get in the Big Sky or the Gateway, it could change.”

I wonder what he meant by that?

I too support Taylors position. He also says that never is not the right answer. Im not so sure about that.

Bison_Dan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bisongold
    I heard from a friend (Sioux supporter) that a D1 announcement is coming soon. * He said that they will *be going D1. *
    I'm going to be interested in what conference they have lined up. und posters have saying that before they announce a DI move they will have a conference invite in hand. I'm just curious. : :

Quote Originally Posted by JBB
    “I know that Tom wants to play it,” Taylor said. “We’ve had some good conversations. But we’ve got to see what happens with the conference issue. If we get in the Big Sky or the Gateway, it could change.”

I too support Taylors position. *He also says that never is not the right answer. *Im not so sure about that.
    GATEWAY??? Granted, this is the "right" conference for Bunnies/Bison, but we've been more out of hand rejected there than by Big Sky or Mid-con. WHAT's rumored about possible Gateway membership?

I'm not going to hold too much against Buning. *He seems like a intelligent man who has his university's best interest in hand *He came into a situation, thanks to his predecessor (Thomas) and current president (Cupcake), that makes every sensible thing that he does look contradictory to what UND's stance has been.

WAY TO GO GENE++++++++++++++++++++++++=
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by JBB

I too support Taylors position. *He also says that never is not the right answer. *Im not so sure about that.
    UND has done nothing to help NDSU, why should NDSU do anything to help them? Until UND demonstrates a willingness to moderate its behavior and become something close to a good neighbor never IS the right answer. The ball is in their court, they have to prove their good faith.