Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Miller

Default Re: Scott Miller

The only thing I don't like is you are never (well I shouldn't say never) sure where the ball is on the field. To my way of thinking if the team on offense is in their own territory, the ball is advanced up to, or out to the increased yardline. NOT, down to the increased yardline. Down to, happens after they go beyond midfield. I think they foul that up on TV broadcasts too, but there you can see what's going on. And yes, on the radio, you can shortly figure out what's happened, but it's irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    The only thing I don't like is you are never (well I shouldn't say never) sure where the ball is on the field. To my way of thinking if the team on offense is in their own territory, the ball is advanced up to, or out to the increased yardline. NOT, down to the increased yardline. Down to, happens after they go beyond midfield. I think they foul that up on TV broadcasts too, but there you can see what's going on. And yes, on the radio, you can shortly figure out what's happened, but it's irritating.
    THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one with this little hang-up....

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one with this little hang-up....
    Apologies if Im reading this wrong...but IM not sure criticizing his play by play is appropriate in a thread about him fighting for his life.
    Last edited by BisonTeacher; 02-21-2016 at 02:14 AM.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Broadcaster Hall of Fame for Mr Miller
    Prayers to you Scott Miller and a great big "my o my"! Get well soon buddy!
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Broadcaster Hall of Fame for Mr Miller
    Wonderful post! we continue to think and pray for Scotty Miller!!!

Default Scott Miller

I think it boils down to the intellectual ability of the listener!! That's what I think. I've never had a problem conceptualizing/visualizing what Scotty is saying.

Your mileage may very (YMMV) depending on your abilities. Jussayin'!!

Sent from my iPhone.
    Last edited by CAS4127; 02-21-2016 at 03:40 AM.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Scottie is a true legend in his craft. You can close your eyes and picture yourself at the game just by listening to his words.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Two words for Scotty: "My Oh My"!!!
    Sent from my Windows phone using Tapatalk
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Scottie is a true legend in his craft. You can close your eyes and picture yourself at the game just by listening to his words.
    Perfectly stated!! Visualization-->he makes it easy!

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Agreed! My friends used to joke that they knew I was "too far gone" when they saw me syncing up the local commentary with the national video feed......but let's be honest..it just doesn't get any better than hearing Scottie call the game... Praying for him and his family...