Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Miller

Default Re: Scott Miller Has Passed Away

Quote Originally Posted by Flow 2-3-4-5 View Post
    I am sure whoever calls Bison FB and BB games going forward will have their own style and catch phrases - imitating Scottie during the broadcast just wouldn't have the same impact IMO.

What I would suggest and hope for is that in the radio post game show they have a Scottie Miller "My oh My" moment of the game. They could then play the highlight followed by an audio clip of Scott exclaiming "My, oh My!!"
    That would be great!

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am sure whoever calls Bison FB and BB games going forward will have their own style and catch phrases - imitating Scottie during the broadcast just wouldn't have the same impact IMO.

What I would suggest and hope for is that in the radio post game show they have a Scottie Miller "My oh My" moment of the game. They could then play the highlight followed by an audio clip of Scott exclaiming "My, oh My!!"
    How about someone printing Scotty "My, oh my!" shirts with the proceeds going to the Roger Maris Center, or some such cancer unit???

This here would be great

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Great idea!

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    Yes, and here is my prediction: absolute silence in the crowd and not a dry eye in the place. It would be so fitting to have clips on the new big screens of great plays in this D-I era along with Scott's play-by-play. He will forever be a part of all those great memories.

Damn I will miss him on the KFGO post-game show. We would get to our car ASAP at the Dome to hear his wrap-up.
    Maybe do something like the Yankees and Jeter did with their announcer after he passed. When Jeter came to bat they used his voice to announce him... Maybe something like that in the intro video. The big calls, the my oh my's, the magical ending to a magical season etc etc.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

There was a time I might have worried that the NDSU athletic department would not do a fitting tribute to somebody like Scotty... however, they've been exceeding expectations all the time lately.

Heard this on KFGO -- a nice hashtag for the six-peat is #sixforScottie.
    It's OK to not be OK.

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    How about someone printing Scotty "My, oh my!" shirts with the proceeds going to the Roger Maris Center, or some such cancer unit???
    I would DEFINITELY buy one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Heard this on KFGO -- a nice hashtag for the six-peat is #sixforScottie.
    And there you have it...couldn't imagine anything better.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

I like this.