Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Miller

Default Re: Scott Miller

Cancer sucks. I was diagnosed with leukemia 10 years ago. It is a shock to your well being just hearing those words. Thankfully the type I have is treated with a pill once a day and I have no side affects from it at all. Have had many family members die of different forms of cancer. Just about every family has been affected by some form or another. I almost think the treatments (chemo type) are worse then the actual disease. Wonder to myself quite often if I would go thru them if the situation presented itself.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Scott and every cancer patient and their families.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

This guy is, quite simply, the epitome of classiness when it comes to representing the program as the "Voice of the Bison".

In an age and era when sportscasters, play-by-play announcers, color commentators and reporters all seemingly want to be celebrities themselves and, in some cases, even try to become part of the story, Scott Miller always lets the story speak for itself. He never calls out coaches, players or fans, he never denigrates people and opinions, and he never over-steps the bounds of his role - which is to simply and eloquently describe the action on the field. And, My Oh My, he does that beautifully.

If he has to stop being the "Voice of the Bison", he is going to be VERY hard to replace. I wish him all the best, and my prayers go out to this classy, classy man.

Wishing the Scotty the best, have missed the voice of the Bison the last couple basketball games, just isn't the same with Scotty not behind the mic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    This guy is, quite simply, the epitome of classiness when it comes to representing the program as the "Voice of the Bison".

In an age and era when sportscasters, play-by-play announcers, color commentators and reporters all seemingly want to be celebrities themselves and, in some cases, even try to become part of the story, Scott Miller always lets the story speak for itself. He never calls out coaches, players or fans, he never denigrates people and opinions, and he never over-steps the bounds of his role - which is to simply and eloquently describe the action on the field. And, My Oh My, he does that beautifully.

If he has to stop being the "Voice of the Bison", he is going to be VERY hard to replace. I wish him all the best, and my prayers go out to this classy, classy man.
    This ^^ ditto

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

We are truly lucky to have a guy like Scott Miller calling Bison football, basketball, and Redhawks baseball. It's incredible how good he is at all three. On top of that I don't think there's a person out there that has met him and doesn't like him. Best wishes Scottie and may we have many more "My Oh Mys" for years to come.

Oh... and

I wish all the best to Scott Miller defeating his health issues. He has truly been the best Voice of the Bison ever and I so look forward to listening to his broadcasts in the future.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Scotty Miller, THEE absolute best! The one announcer I cannot get enough of.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Get well soon Scotty,
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    We are truly lucky to have a guy like Scott Miller calling Bison football, basketball, and Redhawks baseball. It's incredible how good he is at all three. On top of that I don't think there's a person out there that has met him and doesn't like him. Best wishes Scottie and may we have many more "My Oh Mys" for years to come.

Oh... and
    Agree, Scotty is awesome.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Never met him, but seems like just a genuine, nice guy. Epitome of class. Kick its ass, Scott!