Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Miller

Default Re: Scott Miller Has Passed Away

I have a feeling that there will be a (SM) sticker on the helmet. I may be wrong, but I don't recall any time where a patch has been used on the jersey as a memorial.

He's a HOFer in my book as well. Unbelievably consistent in his broadcasts and the picture he painted with his voice was never in question. RIP Scotty.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    This sucks. TSCF called it, it feels weird to admit that this loss hurts because I never knew the guy, but man, my emotions rose and fell on the tenor of his voice for many Saturdays. Damn, I'll miss that guy.

I hope the new person they get to call the games finds a way to pay tribute to Scottie during the broadcast. Maybe using "My oh my" every now and then, or something. Either way, I'll be looking for it.
    I really hope they don't use his quote, that's Scott's legacy, don't want to see someone else ride his contribution
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Scott Miller was a class act all the way. He will be sorely missed. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by EPBison View Post
    Perhaps the answer to my question is common knowledge but I was thinking about this on my drive to my meetings today, how and when did 'My Oh My' originate? My guess is that it came about organically and it stuck, but wasn't sure.

Man, this just sucks.

I know I've heard him say it back in early 2000s... Maybe even late 90s... As I didn't follow much from 2000-2004 other than a random time or two.

Remembered another live game call the Wisconsin Bball game you could hear the inflection of his voice that he knew that it was going to be a huge win for the bison. I only got to listen to about the last 5 mins of the game.

RIP....Scott Miller.......I never new him, but what an announcer.....my oh my!!...sent chills down my spine every time....he was one of a kind and will be missed

Another fan here who felt like Scottie was family even though I never met him. I grew up listening to his calls and there was just no one better. If the game was on ESPN, it was always on mute and Scottie's audio synched to the feed....the few times it wouldn't work, there was a noticeably different feel to the game...he had a way of bringing so much excitement and intensity....I know the game will play on but it's hard to imagine it without him....Rest in peace dear Scottie...

Won't be easy to replace. Truly the best at what he did; and he worked harder then anyone to be the best. With every big win, if I didn't hear it live, i couldn't wait to hear Scottie call it. Listening to Scottie call Bison games these years with all of their success was like having the best soundtrack at the best party. Only one time did I ever have an interaction with him. It was in 2009 in Sioux Falls after Woody hit the shot to send us to the dance. It was after the nets were cut, and people were beginning to file out. I was still in a state of joy and shock for the great game I had just watched. I see Scottie waking accross the floor and and I yell, "Hey Scottie, I hope you had a good "My Oh My" tonight." He stopped, game me a smile and simply said, "Absolutly." Later I heard the call, and sure enough, a great historic moment in NDSU history narrated beautifully by the best. Going to every Bison home football game and watching the road games, I hadn't heard Scottie call an entire game in a while. This November, I was hunting during the Youngstown game. As I went to go sit and watch for deer that late afternoon, I grabbed my phone to listen to the end of the game. Sitting in the beautiful North Dakota wilderness, watching the sun go down, and listening to Scottie paint the pictures from the game as he did so well; man, there was nothing better. NDSU athletics and Bison Nation are a strong body, and today they lost it's powerful voice. Rest in peace Scottie. We will miss you. You are in a better place now. My...oh...my.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    I know I've heard him say it back in early 2000s... Maybe even late 90s... As I didn't follow much from 2000-2004 other than a random time or two.

Remembered another live game call the Wisconsin Bball game you could hear the inflection of his voice that he knew that it was going to be a huge win for the bison. I only got to listen to about the last 5 mins of the game.
    Totally spit balling here but he may have got it from Dave niehaus the former Mariners broadcaster who used "my oh my" call as a play off former co-workers Dick Enbergs "oh my" call.
    I'm guessing Miller may have heard Niehaus in his time out west, but again purely speculating

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My oh my! Rip

Great write up by McFeely. I have never heard the audio of Scotty doing play by play of the streaker at USD in Sioux Falls. If anyone has that clip, it would be priceless.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com