Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Miller

Default Re: Scott Miller Has Passed Away

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    What did Coach Bohl say?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    Basically he said that Scottie was a "top shelf guy" to put it in his words. He admired how dignified, professional, and respectful SM was in going about his business which he said are traits many people inside the media profession and out of it could use more of. He appreciated that especially given the close of a working relationship he (being Bohl) had with him during their weekly call-in show and numerous interviews during or shortly after games. He also said that Scottie was "cut from a better cloth" than he and Heitkamp (who did the interview) were. It sounded like Bohl hasn't been back in the area very much since taking over at Wyoming but when he has been back he's visited with Scottie.

Im honoring Scottie Miller by jumping in a car with Handox to SDSU today.

I sure hope SDSU gives him a moment of silence !!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

RIP Scott Miller

The thing I liked about Scott was his consistency. He had that desirable cadence on how he described the play and the game. You knew he would talk about the important aspects of the play.

RIP Scottie. You will be missed. My oh my.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer63 View Post
    I have this Norman Rockwell moment in my head of harvest on the farm. The combine is humming picking up swaths of wheat in the background. I'm sitting in the shade beside the truck with the door open, radio tuned into a scratchy AM station. Waiting for the next hopper dump, I'm listening to the Bison game.... Scotty's voice.... "My Oh My"!
    Same for me. Quite a few of the early season games were seen through Scotty's eyes over the years as we combined. As well as pretty much all of them before they started televising all of them a few years ago. Not to mention a few lazy Saturday afternoon games in the badlands, half napping in the pickup after hiking after deer all morning in November. Going to miss him!

Opie

Default Re: Scott Miller

Quote Originally Posted by GFBison View Post
    I still remember the day they announced Scott Miller was the new Broadcast man for the Bison. I think that was the best trade in the history of broadcasting. I will miss his broadcast. He had the most sincere voice and a air of fairness. Even though you may not of known him he came across as your friend always. Rest in peace Scotty.

He was just enough homer to keep the home fans happy but also have props to other teams when due.

The cal poly game sticks out too with the "are you kidding me" quote. That was a game I nearly didn't finish listening to, my wife had stuck a fork in them. Luckily I kept listening and we both got to hear the ending. Trying to remember many other games I've listened to live, obviously many dubbed videos, that stick out. Most of the other recent wild ending games were at home or on tv...

Gopher game III with the Marcus pick 6 that sealed the game is about the only one off to of my head.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The fact that NDSU has had so much success during Scott Miller's run on the radio is what makes this feel like it hits home. We all feel a tie...a connection...to NDSU, especially athletics and Scott was instrumental in tying us to the program. Every time we look up highlights of old games because we want to relive a great moment in our life as a fan, we get to hear his passion and excitement and we feel the extra connection to the program. He will forever remain a symbol of everything great that has happened to NDSU over the two decades.

He was the glue between us, the fans, and Bison Athletics. A direct tie to our happiness and love for the program.

When I think of great NDSU moments, I hear Scott Miller in my head. He will always be a part of NDSU as those moments, and his love for NDSU, will live on forever.

Default Re: Scott Miller

Blessings to the Miller Family. Scott was one of the great ones...... The "My Oh My" will live on forever and probably become a trivia question.

The next person up has some big shoes to fill. Scott was talented at his craft. God Bless Scott Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    The next person up has some big shoes to fill. Scott was talented at his craft. God Bless Scott Miller.
    Jack Michaels I'm sure
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant