Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Miller

Default Re: Scott Miller Has Passed Away

After I graduated college I spent a number of years traveling for work, the only way I was able to hear the game was through Scott's eyes. It was almost as good as watching the game in person, so many great memories. 2007 comeback at Cal Poly

Sad news. RIP Mr. Miller, prayers to his loved ones and Bison nation.

Wow! Truly the greatest Bison broadcaster ever. It will never be the same listening to Bison games again. What a huge hole in the NDSU family and in Fargo-Moorhead. My sympathy and prayers to all friends and family and especially the crews at KFGO and WDAY that had worked with him.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    Scott deserves a place in the NDSU Hall of Fame. Are there any other broadcasters who have that honor? Is the Hall open to only players, coaches, and staff members? If so, Scott is certainly worthy of an exception. Rest in peace.
    I don't see why not. It's NDSU's HOF so they should be able to put in whoever they want and Scottie would be about as deserving as you could be for what he did for the NDSU brand.

It's a shame the Bison basketball teams don't have home games this week to give the fans a chance to show our appreciation. That may have to wait for the Redhawks home opener in a few months and the football home opener next August/September.

great coverage on WDAY by Mcfeeley, Saul is on now, Gene was on
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

He was such a nice guy. My interactions with him during my time at NDSU were always great.

MY OH MY
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Very Sad, Scotty was the best. Silky smooth broadcaster who never lost a beat. My thoughts go out to the Miller family today. Fargo and NDSU truly lost a legend.

I hope the team considers a 'My Oh My' patch on our jerseys next year to pay tribute as he has meant that much to Bison athletics.

Default Re: Scott Miller

I still remember the day they announced Scott Miller was the new Broadcast man for the Bison. I think that was the best trade in the history of broadcasting. I will miss his broadcast. He had the most sincere voice and a air of fairness. Even though you may not of known him he came across as your friend always. Rest in peace Scotty.

Thoughts and prayers to the Miller family. This is a real punch in the gut to Bison Nation.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    Scott deserves a place in the NDSU Hall of Fame. Are there any other broadcasters who have that honor? Is the Hall open to only players, coaches, and staff members? If so, Scott is certainly worthy of an exception. Rest in peace.
    Wouldn't this be incredible! He touched all of Bison Nation. Rest in Peace Scottie Miller.